Streaming quality blurry when camera is moving. (Added log)

Elro

Hello.
Whenever I stream to twitch with OBS the quality of my video is incredibly blurry especially whenever I move the camera or the player. I've heard that this could be due low uploadspeed, bitrate but from my understanding those values are fine. My bitrate is set to 6000 kbps and I added a screenshot of my upload speed. Can anyone check the log and tell my the stream quality get so blurred out? Thank you in advance!

1687353971057.png

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
That's expected, 6000kbps isn't enough to encode 1080p motion without artifacts.

Elro

That's expected, 6000kbps isn't enough to encode 1080p motion without artifacts.
Really? I was told on multiple websites that 6000kbps was enough for streaming 1080P. What do you reccomend I do? Twitch's max bitrate is only 6000

PaiSand

Twitch also reduce the quality when transcoding the content you're streaming. Look at Kick for example, you get better results with the exact same settings. You can stream with even higher bitrate to Youtube. Again, YT may reduce quality of the stream based on whatever reason they want to apply on that particular moment.
Just remember that you need more from your hardware when increasing the bitrate. Same for fps.
Also, the bigger streamer you are the better quality you get. Facts of life.

This is a situation where there's nothing you can do about it other than changing platforms. Test it on this other platforms and see what happens.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Generally around 20-40mbps is required to minimize artifacts on high motion scenes. But no streaming service will deliver that bitrate to users who may still be on 10mbps ADSL connections.