Question / Help Streaming Issue FPS Drop

TwinTale

Hello,
Im hoping this is the right forum.

So my PC seems to run OW fine 1080 HD, 70fps all good. When i start streaming Overwatch is still running 100% ok but my stream often drops frames. This is mainly when engaging the enemy. In spawn and practice range all is ok.

I use OBS Studio (64 bit) Under the output settings i have the following
Video Bitrate: 6000
Encoder: Hardware (NVENC)
Audio Bitrate: 160
Encoder Present (Higher = less CPU): Default

PC SPECS
Model: 2018 HP Pavilion Power Laptop
Processor: Intel Core i7-7700HQ @ 2.8GHz / 3.8Ghz With Turbo Boost
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (2GB GDDR5)

My internet is not the issue as im able to play Overwatch on PS4 and stream using my graphics card and everything is fine. Its only when trying to stream Overwatch on PC.
Any and all help is appreciated!

Thank you!

TwinTale

I have attached a couple from last nights stream. If it helps I can also send you link to the stream from last night. I started streamiong OW on PS4 then switched to PC and its only on PC i get this issue, the game for me is fine but stream drops frames

Attachments

• 2018-06-14 19-04-59.txt
    37.9 KB · Views: 22
Have you updated to the latest Nvidia drivers yet? If not do so, but perform a Clean install. Also your version of OBS is out of date, the autoupdater in that version is broken, please download the newest version directly from this site to get up to date, and the auto updater will also function normally again. So first drivers, clean install them (during installation select custom and then clean install or clean install whenever presented the option) then once rebooted (always reboot after video driver install even if not required by installer) install the latest OBS from obsproject.com home page. Then try again and let me know! :) I'm stil looking over the log, I see the poor stream performance, it's a render lag and stall, to eliminate possibilities, let's get you current on drivers and OBS first...

TwinTale

I have updated the Nvidia drivers, did a clean install and updated OBS :) Im streaming again tonight so will let you know how I get on :)

TwinTale

I have added the latest log files, I found thing went a lot better for the stream when i chanegd the Overwatch settings.

I set the FPS to 60, set quality to low and Vsync to off.

some games still dropped framews but didnt seem as bad.

Any more tips?

Attachments

• 2018-06-15 23-21-24.txt
    17.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 2018-06-15 22-56-46.txt
    24.4 KB · Views: 20

TwinTale

Have you updated to the latest Nvidia drivers yet? If not do so, but perform a Clean install. Also your version of OBS is out of date, the autoupdater in that version is broken, please download the newest version directly from this site to get up to date, and the auto updater will also function normally again. So first drivers, clean install them (during installation select custom and then clean install or clean install whenever presented the option) then once rebooted (always reboot after video driver install even if not required by installer) install the latest OBS from obsproject.com home page. Then try again and let me know! :) I'm stil looking over the log, I see the poor stream performance, it's a render lag and stall, to eliminate possibilities, let's get you current on drivers and OBS first...

Would you be able to look over my latest log please? :)

I just finished streaming, long day, over 9 hours of stream. Sorry for the delay. I think you have the right idea, if you check out Gamers Nexus on Youtube, Gamer's Nexu Overwatch guide, they have a great guide on settings that tank performance that you can scale back and not notice any differnce, when I did it, I gained at least 30% frames/Overhead relief. Worth a looksie. I will look at your logs and see, but the neame of the game is definitely frame cap or vsync it, lower you settings or high post processing and reflections and things, and you'll have more GPU overhead available for OBS :) Please feel free to join my discord and talk anytime! I'm happy to help! https://discord.gg/9CgFMaS