Streaming in HDR

Flagamer

OBS 28 finally gave me the feature to stream in HDR on YouTube as now it supports P010 color format and Rec 2100 color spaces.

I was streaming privately testing this feature while watching it on two phones: one with HDR support and another one, an older one, without HDR.

While on HDR screen on the right I had no issue regarding the picture quality, preserving all the details, I realized for SDR viewers the picture might be a bit over-exposed, specially on the sky in racing games during HDR - SDR tonemapping. I tried to take a picture on a third phone with HDR enabled and as you can see on the first phone to the left, the sky is a bit over-exposed.
hdr test.jpg

I used this settings to stream in HDR on YouTube:
1672439970490.png

Is there a way I can tonemapping only for SDR viewers while trying not to change the picture quality for those watching in HDR or trying to change SDR White Level so that the picture might not be overexposed for SDR viewers or even trying to stream using Rec 2100 HLG instead?

Or is that a side effect as the original source is broadcasting considering 1000 nits as HDR white level, than everything over the limit on SDR White Level will be clipped?

Here is the link of the test stream - https://youtu.be/B-Vkf946iYM

tiagocintra

Hello FlaGamer,

During my testing, I noticed this exact problem and I was wondering if you were able to fix it. On HDR devices, the image looks good, but on SDR devices, it's a bit overexposed.

I would appreciate it if you could share the solution you used for this case, if there is one.

Sorry for my English =)

Flagamer

Hello FlaGamer,

During my testing, I noticed this exact problem and I was wondering if you were able to fix it. On HDR devices, the image looks good, but on SDR devices, it's a bit overexposed.

I would appreciate it if you could share the solution you used for this case, if there is one.

Sorry for my English =)
Hey @tiagocintra
I kinda solved this issue changing from REC 2100 HLG to REC 2100 PQ, setting sdr maximum peak brightness to 203 nits and hdr maximum peak brightness to 1000 nits. Surprisingly, streaming in PQ showed a more consistency picture quality in both HDR and SDR displays than in HLQ, as you can see on my latest stream below: