Question / Help Streaming from OBS to Zoom

strwdle

Many thanks for all the help with this everyone. I have managed to hook up OBS > NDI > Zoom and Zoom is picking up the video. I have two technical questions.
- How do I stop zoom reversing my video? All the text is backwards!
- Does NDI also copy the audio stream from OBS and send that to Zoom?

Many thanks in advance for any help.
Owen

CoryS1972

Many thanks for all the help with this everyone. I have managed to hook up OBS > NDI > Zoom and Zoom is picking up the video. I have two technical questions.
- How do I stop zoom reversing my video? All the text is backwards!
- Does NDI also copy the audio stream from OBS and send that to Zoom?

Many thanks in advance for any help.
Owen

I'm not sure about your first question, but would also love some help getting the audio to work.

I see by the equalizer in OBS, that it is picking up the audio from my phone as "NDI Source". But I can't actually hear that audio anywhere, and I don't seem to have an option to use NDI-Source or OBS-Camera as the microphone in Zoom. What am I missing?

Gronkle2020

Ok. The best answer right now is the use of ndi tools (https://ndi.tv/tools/ - is free but not open source) and the obs plug in for ndi (https://github.com/Palakis/obs-ndi/releases/tag/4.7.1). From the ndi tools you need only the ndi virtual imput. After you instal the ndi plugin, from tools/ndi output setings you activate main output (default is obs). Then from the ndi virtual output (you have to right click on it in the task bar), you activate obs (is under your computer name and then obs). Zoom will then see a "newtek ndi video" as a video source. It works with the last zoom. Is more complicated but until the virtual cam plugin works again, is a nice workaround to have,
This is great, big league solution here! Works and looks way better than CamTwist. If anyone is having trouble, make sure you download the latest version of obs-ndi on the linked GitHub, was having trouble trying to use 4.7.1 before I noticed the 4.9.0 release.

Sergio Dïaz

Hey there, I had the same problem, and maybe you are missing one step from the install instructions:

How to use:
OBS Virtualcam has two main methods for outputting video from OBS. The first is the Preview output, which is enabled from the Tools menu. This output will provide exactly what you see in the Preview in OBS, including any changes or scenes you might switch to. This is the most common method, and probably what you would want to use.

Preview Output:
1. Select Tools -> VirtualCam in the main OBS Studio window
2. Press the Start button, then close the dialog
3. Open your program (Zoom, Hangouts, Skype, etc.) and choose OBS-Camera as your webcam.

Gretting!

Mark Binder

I'm working on a Macintosh (Mojave Mac) and using the Virtual Cam have OBS video going to Zoom.
BUT I can't get the audio streams to go to zoom.

Any suggestions?

KTonyStark

Following the instructions using NDI to port my OBS into Zoom, and have run into an issue, where I am not getting any NDI signal into Zoom. The screen is black.

Have followed and reinstalled the NDI tools, and Zoom, but I have a feeling it might be an issue with OBS. Anyone come across this issue before, or have been able to work out a solution?

zarquan

I have a question. I would like to use this to live stream a physical whiteboard, but my internet is bad. When I run my webcam or OBS virtual cam, the image becomes fuzzy very often to the point that it is unreadable. Does the NDI solution have this problem? Currently, my method for having a clear image is screen sharing the OBS full screen preview, but that isn't great because it is very laggy.