Question / Help Streaming audio from DAWS: Reaper or Ableton

Jesper

As topic says, I want to stream audio from these DAWS but obs catches only normal audio from music players.
Is there any way to stream audio from daws?

Jesper

Muf said:
Use Virtual Audio Cable with ASIO4ALL.

I already got A4A and VAC but would you be kind enough to write me a quick how-to?

flavored said:
Problem with that would be insane delay though :)

Well I don't have any delay using music players, is it really a different thing?

Muf

Forum Moderator
Jesper said:
I already got A4A and VAC but would you be kind enough to write me a quick how-to?

In your DAW, set it to use ASIO4ALL. In the ASIO4ALL control panel set output to a VAC line (disable all the other devices). In OBS, set your Microphone input to the VAC line that you used as output in ASIO4ALL. If you already have a microphone/aux input in use and don't want to give it up, use paibox's Audio Source Plugin to add the VAC line to your OBS scene.

flavored

Jesper said:
Well I don't have any delay using music players, is it really a different thing?

Depending on how you set it all up, there might be internal sync problems with your sequencer.
Assuming it's all synced in your sequencer and works well with ASIO4ALL (which in itself is just a bandaid for when you cannot have a "real" asio device thus it's assumed to perform far-less-than-ideal) there might not be a problem streaming a project already set up, but if you intend to perform live you will probably encounter endless amout of delay and desync.

Better solution here would probably be NOT to directly stream from your main sequencer but instead rewire it into another one which will in turn produce sound to your stream through asio4all or whatever.

Jesper

flavored said:
Better solution here would probably be NOT to directly stream from your main sequencer but instead rewire it into another one which will in turn produce sound to your stream through asio4all or whatever.

Teach me, master.

Muf

Forum Moderator
If you need the low latency from a real audio hardware module with a real ASIO driver, just physically plug one of its analogue outputs into the line in on your onboard sound card and record from that in OBS. Basically the same as what you were doing with VAC but with real cables, not virtual ones. :P

Andy Sartain

I use Cubase with Lynx Audio soundcards. I was going to use the A4A plus VAC scheme, but I use external inserts, so my mixes depend upon 18 of my 20 I/Os, and A4A doesn't seem to allow this. I can patch the same outputs that go to my speakers into the unused pair of inputs, but OBS can't seem to access them - I assume because Cubase is using the Asio driver. I've downloaded VAC, but I have no clue as to how to use it. Help!

Andy Sartain

Actually, I may have just gotten it to work using the Voxengo plug in and outputting to VAC and having OBS use that as its I/O device.....