Stream Status Monitor

HypnoToadTrance

Introduction

Hello, everyone.

I would like to introduce a program I had made a while back for FFsplit users. Ever since FFsplit updated their website, the original thread was lost, and seeing as how I have since switched to OBS for superior broadcasting performance, I suppose it would be proper to remake the thread here.

Detailed Information

I give you: "Stream Status Monitor", a very small, simple, and portable program designed to do - what else? - monitor your stream.

Stream Status supports monitoring active viewers as well as Live Chat.

Stream status also comes with an "Offline Monitor", which will send you a desktop notification if your stream goes down.

Not quite necessary since OBS has built in mechanisms against your stream going down, but back on FFsplit, they had no method of telling whether or not your stream was actually Live or not.

This feature will remain for whoever finds it useful.

When playing your games you may want to have a more integrated view of your live chat. With Stream Status, you can overlay your chat on top of your (windowed) games for both stream visual appeal and convenience!

Stream Status supports "Launch Parameters", allowing developers to integrate and launch Stream Status from within their application.

The image below gives an example launch command-line. Simply enter the channel name and the service name. Stream Status will launch and begin monitoring.

The added benefit of the launch parameters is if you have multiple streams you want to monitor, you need only create a Shortcut on your desktop in the shown manner and launch whichever one you want to monitor.

Features

• Track Active Viewers.
  • Monitor Live Status.
  • Compact Adjustable Live Chat Interface.
  • Overlay Live Chat Onto Windowed Games.

Download

Latest Version 1.0.0.8 - [Download]

For Older Versions, Click Here.

Changelog

• 1.0.0.7 - Initial Release on OBS
  • 1.0.0.8 - Fixed an issue where chat window would be incredibly small.

Prerequisites

~On a final note, I would like to thank mDubz from Twitch.tv for suggesting I remake the thread. I honestly did not know there was still a demand for this. Thank you.

mdubz

I can totally vouch for this tool, I have been using it ever since it was available and I believe it is the best way to view chat AND see current viewer count with a one monitor setup.

Tokidiep

Work good for me, nice tool thanks :)
Just would like to know how do you get the window in black color instead of white ^^

HypnoToadTrance

Tokidiep said:
Work good for me, nice tool thanks :)
Just would like to know how do you get the window in black color instead of white ^^

The colour of the background is defined by the service you use. White for twitch/justin, and black for own3d.

It is not configurable.

quartz

For some reason the program stopped working for me. When I double click the .exe I get an instance of Stream Status in my process list and in my taskbar on windows but I can't see the window itself. Tried a lot of stuff but seems like it's pointless, can't get it to work. Such a shame because I was enjoying this neat little program a lot :(

HypnoToadTrance

quartz said:
For some reason the program stopped working for me. When I double click the .exe I get an instance of Stream Status in my process list and in my taskbar on windows but I can't see the window itself. Tried a lot of stuff but seems like it's pointless, can't get it to work. Such a shame because I was enjoying this neat little program a lot :(

I've never had anyone report these issues.

There is a solution, however.

You can reset the program by navigating to C:\Users\[insert username]\AppData\Local\HypnoToadTrance

Delete the contents of this folder and then launch Stream Status again. This should resolve the issue.

Helixia

I will definily try out that tool!! I'm getting sick of mIRC when it is out of the trail period.
BTW Hypno i know you from Xfire (right?).

xellosmetallum

I am having an issue where I am unable to resize the chat window. it is either tiny, showing just the minimize, maximize and close buttons with a thin window where the chat is or it takes up the full screen. There are no handles showing up where you mouseover the edges of the window to resize it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

HypnoToadTrance

xellosmetallum said:
I am having an issue where I am unable to resize the chat window. it is either tiny, showing just the minimize, maximize and close buttons with a thin window where the chat is or it takes up the full screen. There are no handles showing up where you mouseover the edges of the window to resize it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Try checking the "Borderless" checkbox when you run it. Then attempt to drag open the chat window by grabbing the bottom-right corner.

Let me know if that works.

HypnoToadTrance

xellosmetallum said:
Try checking the "Borderless" checkbox when you run it. Then attempt to drag open the chat window by grabbing the bottom-right corner.

Let me know if that works.

Nope didn't work at all.

Alright, one moment. I think I know what's causing this. I will rummage through the code real quick and see if I can get you an update.

xellosmetallum

I did find a way to make it work finally. You have to click on the icon on the top left of the chat window and choose size to get the resize icons to appear at the edges. This is the only way to resize it that i have found. If you don't do that first then they never show up.

HypnoToadTrance

xellosmetallum said:
I did find a way to make it work finally. You have to click on the icon on the top left of the chat window and choose size to get the resize icons to appear at the edges. This is the only way to resize it that i have found. If you don't do that first then they never show up.

Glad you were able to find a workaround.

I found the error in the code though. I was stupid. I had a default size and position for the window, but it was all set to 0.

At least the problem was something simple that didn't require a lot of work xD

Here ya go http://www.mediafire.com/download/xf2a8 ... Status.exe

I'll make an update on the main post too.

MrBr1ghtsid3

Hello Toadey! Nifty lil application, but for the life of me, I cannot get the chat working. What i mean by this is, the chat functions and windows work, chat seems to load and whatnot, but I cannot type nor see the others type. Not just with your app - I've also tried the dashboard_lite by another user on the obsproject forums. Any clues? Thanks!

HypnoToadTrance

MrBr1ghtsid3 said:
Hello Toadey! Nifty lil application, but for the life of me, I cannot get the chat working. What i mean by this is, the chat functions and windows work, chat seems to load and whatnot, but I cannot type nor see the others type. Not just with your app - I've also tried the dashboard_lite by another user on the obsproject forums. Any clues? Thanks!

It's a hunch, but you can try logging in through Internet Explorer, since both my app and Internet Explorer share the same cookies and active logins. That may permit you to chat.

1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Log in to Twitch.tv
3. Load your live chat
4. Confirm that you can see and chat through Internet Explorer.
5. While still logged in, open Stream Status.
6. Open the live chat.
7. Confirm that you can see and chat through both Internet Explorer and Stream Status.

IF you cannot chat through either, you may need to install Flash Player for Internet Explorer