Resource icon

Stream/Recording Start/Stop Beep (SRBeep) (Unsupported) 2.1.1

Juraszka

Amazing plugin, but could you add sound for start/stop replay buffer and for save replay?
With this sounds, this plugin will be perfect!

Anjalea Ayres

Hey I love this plugin but there's one thing that makes it not the best: it delays game sounds. It does its beep and then the game sounds come right after and the sounds are delayed from the video.

Dracrius

How in the world do I save an mp3 to work with this? I've spent 3hrs trying every mp3 converter I can and all sorts of settings. The only person who mentions this annoying slow mo sound issue said to use bits-per-sample: 16 but that's not an actually setting when converting mp3's and nothing seems to result in a working mp3.

How in the world do I save an mp3 to work with this? I've spent 3hrs trying every mp3 converter I can and all sorts of settings. The only person who mentions this annoying slow mo sound issue said to use bits-per-sample: 16 but that's not an actually setting when converting mp3's and nothing seems to result in a working mp3.
You can use something like audacity to change the bit rate.

Dracrius

You can use something like audacity to change the bit rate.
Yes but to what? I tried all sorts of setting variants and I couldn't get my files to work. They were always super slow. If your proficient at this could you help me convert these? (https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wN0H-WcG3uSZHeODdZyxpvmxvDlCxK6g) They are all the clips I want to experiment with. Most are Tom Baker others are from Portal. I tried for sevral hours with Audacity and a few converters but made no headway. Thanks

Yes but to what? I tried all sorts of setting variants and I couldn't get my files to work. They were always super slow. If your proficient at this could you help me convert these? (https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wN0H-WcG3uSZHeODdZyxpvmxvDlCxK6g) They are all the clips I want to experiment with. Most are Tom Baker others are from Portal. I tried for sevral hours with Audacity and a few converters but made no headway. Thanks

If you open the original sounds with Audacity, it should show the project-rate in Hz in the bottom left. It's been a while since I've done this so I can't remember exactly but the project-rate should be 44100 Hz. I think the 16 you mentioned refers to a project-rate of 16 kHz (16000 Hz). I have a vague recollection that changing the project-rate and having it stick when you save the file isn't as simple as selecting the correct rate. It also can mess with the speed of playback (you reduce the rate that the sound is played so it can slow the sound down). You'll have to google around.

Also, none of your audio clips in that folder are named correctly and there are way too many for use in the plugin (the plugin uses 4). I'm guessing you know this, though.

Dracrius

If you open the original sounds with Audacity, it should show the project-rate in Hz in the bottom left. It's been a while since I've done this so I can't remember exactly but the project-rate should be 44100 Hz. I think the 16 you mentioned refers to a project-rate of 16 kHz (16000 Hz). I have a vague recollection that changing the project-rate and having it stick when you save the file isn't as simple as selecting the correct rate. It also can mess with the speed of playback (you reduce the rate that the sound is played so it can slow the sound down). You'll have to google around.

Also, none of your audio clips in that folder are named correctly and there are way too many for use in the plugin (the plugin uses 4). I'm guessing you know this, though.
Yes I had planned on trying a few since you end up hearing it in the recording as well. I was using the appropriate naming convention and I aimed for 441000 Hz with all my converts except a couple tests when that didn't work. I apologize those are the original files since I re-encoded the other ones so many times idk what settings the ones I had in OBS where made with. The files all play fine in VLC but would sound slow-mo when I hit record or stop recording.

Yes I had planned on trying a few since you end up hearing it in the recording as well. I was using the appropriate naming convention and I aimed for 441000 Hz with all my converts except a couple tests when that didn't work. I apologize those are the original files since I re-encoded the other ones so many times idk what settings the ones I had in OBS where made with. The files all play fine in VLC but would sound slow-mo when I hit record or stop recording.

You could try speeding them up instead. They will sound weird in VLC but might be okay from OBS.

Dracrius

You could try speeding them up instead. They will sound weird in VLC but might be okay from OBS.
Sorry I really just wasn't going to except that as a solution. Turns out the track MUST be stereo. I have no idea why but the plugin plays anything mono slomo. I Had been trying to use the stereo option in converters and even audacity's export function but it appears everything would still make a mono file. I ended up using MediaInfo to inspect the mp3's that worked and mine and could see the only difference was the mono track. By manually adding a left right and making it a stereo track in audacity and then exporting I was able to get it to play as expected!

Sorry I really just wasn't going to except that as a solution. Turns out the track MUST be stereo. I have no idea why but the plugin plays anything mono slomo. I Had been trying to use the stereo option in converters and even audacity's export function but it appears everything would still make a mono file. I ended up using MediaInfo to inspect the mp3's that worked and mine and could see the only difference was the mono track. By manually adding a left right and making it a stereo track in audacity and then exporting I was able to get it to play as expected!
Well that's weird...

I'm glad you fixed it and thanks for letting me know!

PSYKO

random question, I've just been through and redone the start/stop tones for recording/streaming to suit my preferences, and right off the bat let me say thank you for giving us the option and ability to do so, now things match up better with my general scheme.

one question tho..

what is whistle.mp3 for?

I've been looking around obs and I can't find anything that makes that sound!

also, is there any way to add a microphone muted sound to this plugin? sometimes I don't want my mic to be live, just want the game sounds and as I control OBS from a Panel it would be great to hear when my mic is muted and when its not! just a thought

what is whistle.mp3 for?
That is an excellent question. Uhh... It's not used by anything I don't think. I'm guessing it's a short clip of me whistling to test something that I never removed.

also, is there any way to add a microphone muted sound to this plugin? sometimes I don't want my mic to be live, just want the game sounds and as I control OBS from a Panel it would be great to hear when my mic is muted and when its not! just a thought
It's possible. Maybe if I have time I'll look into it.

Dracrius

I've noticed an OBS crashing issue with the plugin in a fairly common use case. After enabling "automatically record while streaming" the addon will play the Recording start sound when you start streaming (ok makes sense it is starting to record as well) but when you stop streaming it plays the Streaming Start sound.
Now I didnt let this bother me and I was about to switch it around so it just played the rights sounds. But while testing I noticed it would also play the Stream Stop sound the next time I started a recording and would crash 100% of the time when I went to stop that second recording after multiple tests. This explains the rare crash I have had but I usually close OBS between streams and recordings so I hadnt noticed it was the plugin till I tested it directly.
It apears that if said setting is enabled both plugin events are triggers but only one occurs and then for what ever reason the last one is stored till the next OBS action and then when it stacks again it passes the last sound until it hits the end and crashes on the forth sound.

Dx77

SRBeep seems to have stopped working with the latest OBS Studio version 24.0.3.

Does anybody have the same issue? I made sure to put all necessary files in the right places, but I won't hear any "start/stop recording" sounds. So for now I deinstalled the new OBS Studio version and went back to OBS Studio 23.1, which is working well with SRBeep.

Btw, I think it also would be great if there would be a "your replay from your ongoing replay buffer was successfully saved" sound, if possible.

SRBeep seems to have stopped working with the latest OBS Studio version 24.0.3.

Does anybody have the same issue? I made sure to put all necessary files in the right places, but I won't hear any "start/stop recording" sounds. So for now I deinstalled the new OBS Studio version and went back to OBS Studio 23.1, which is working well with SRBeep.

Btw, I think it also would be great if there would be a "your replay from your ongoing replay buffer was successfully saved" sound, if possible.

Yeah, this is a known issue. eebssk1 has made a fix but I haven't had time to verify it due to stuff. Hoping to get time soon.

Riichie

To install:
Download the File.
Unzip the file.
Navigate into the SRBeep folder (the one you just unzipped).
Navigate into the windows folder.
In another window, navigate to where you installed OBS (By default, this will be C:\Program Files\)
Drag the obs-studio folder from SRBeep\windows folder into your other window. (So by default, drag the obs-studio into C:\Program Files)
When prompted, merge all folders.
Run OBS.

Just signed up so I can post here for help because I'm having an issue. I did exactly this but it's not working. I see the file but I'm not getting a beeping noise. And all my audio sources are working. And I have the right version of OBS downloaded.. It also doesn't give me a prompt to merge folders, maybe that's the problem? I drag the obs-studio folder from SRBeep\windows folder into C:\Program Files and all it does is give me a loading bar and at when it reaches 100% it tells me the files have been added to the folder. Should I maybe just delete the folder in general and add the new one from SRBeep/windows?