Resource icon

Stream/Recording Start/Stop Beep (SRBeep) (Unsupported) 2.1.1

add bin folder with SDL2.dll to download thanks!

because without SDL2.dll the sounds DONT work!!!!
i try it very very long then i downloaded the 2016 file with bin folder and it finally works perfect with new update -.-
Thanks, I missed that. The SDL2.dll has been added to the download.

barobs55

Hello,

I'm currently on the latest version of OBS (29.1.1). The SRbeep (Legacy) version released prior to the latest one, which worked perfectly until recently refuses to after I updated to OBS 29.1. The latest SRbeep released on Nov-9 2022 also has no effect.

One thing I noticed is the latest release does not contain the bin folder where the SDL2.dll goes, instead it was found here C:\Program Files\obs-studio\obs-plugins\64bit. So, tried putting it back to "C:\Program Files\obs-studio\bin\64bit" as was the case with the Legacy release but still no signs of life. I've also tried a complete reinstall of OBS. Am I on the right path or missing a trick here?

Also, the documentation says "Rename silence.mp3". Is this a must because the legacy one worked off the bat without the need for any modification. It fails to work either way.

EBK21

Hello,

I'm currently on the latest version of OBS (29.1.1). The SRbeep (Legacy) version released prior to the latest one, which worked perfectly until recently refuses to after I updated to OBS 29.1. The latest SRbeep released on Nov-9 2022 also has no effect.

One thing I noticed is the latest release does not contain the bin folder where the SDL2.dll goes, instead it was found here C:\Program Files\obs-studio\obs-plugins\64bit. So, tried putting it back to "C:\Program Files\obs-studio\bin\64bit" as was the case with the Legacy release but still no signs of life. I've also tried a complete reinstall of OBS. Am I on the right path or missing a trick here?

Also, the documentation says "Rename silence.mp3". Is this a must because the legacy one worked off the bat without the need for any modification. It fails to work either way.
Might need to relink the library if ffmpeg dlls changed their names.

barobs55

The logs say this:
21:23:31.296: LoadLibrary failed for '../../obs-plugins/64bit/SRBeep.dll': The specified module could not be found.
21:23:31.296: (126)
21:23:31.296: Module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/SRBeep.dll' not loaded
Have to find out how to re link the library

So I rebuilt the library against the latest OBS dependencies. FFMPEG has been updated and has depreciated a few things that were being used to play the sounds. I have a version that plays farty noises some of the time but nothing reliable, and certainly nothing like what it should sound like. I am not entirely sure where the noises (and lack there of) come from and don't really know enough about FFMPEG to chase the problem down.

I will admit that I am not hugely invested in getting this plugin working again as I don't stream or record anything anymore (and hence don't use OBS) and don't have a huge amount of time to commit to fixing it every time OBS breaks it. I know and appreciate that a lot of people like and use it and I am sorry to the people who have it and rely on it in their workflow.

I will leave this issue open in GitHub (as it's unresolved) and may eventually get around to fixing it, or may not. The pre-29.1 source will stay up and open access, so if anyone feels inclined to fix the plugin, have at it.