Question / Help Stream from Receiver/Xbox One

Randum

I wanted to stream my Xbox ONE but had some trouble outputting due to HDCP (Avermedia software gives me the Copyrighted error) I am using the PCIe card, Live Gamer HD.

I have the video coming from my Onkyo Receiver, then going out to my TV - I can see the video no problem, but it won't allow me to stream. If I use OBS, it will just display HDCP.

I found a way to just output my desktop so I can stream - I assume this should work alright - but does any work around exist? I am looking to just stream to twitch, I'm sure I'm not the first person to give this a shot.

Thanks!

paibox

heros in an halfshel
HDCP is not typically enabled on the Xbox One when in the menus or playing games. However, if you've watched anything on NetFlix or some other sort of HDCP-protected content (a movie, for instance), you will have to restart your Xbox One for the HDCP protection to turn itself off again.

Randum

paibox said:
HDCP is not typically enabled on the Xbox One when in the menus or playing games. However, if you've watched anything on NetFlix or some other sort of HDCP-protected content (a movie, for instance), you will have to restart your Xbox One for the HDCP protection to turn itself off again.

No luck, just hard rebooted, unplugged....same thing, HDCP...not sure what else to do...huge bummer, really wanted to stream Forza footage/reviews..

paibox

heros in an halfshel
Ah, sorry, I just realized that you're passing the Xbox One through a received to your capture card? The receiver might be applying HDCP regardless of source content, in which case you would either have to plug the Xbox straight into your capture card or pick up a HDMI splitter.

Randum

paibox said:
Ah, sorry, I just realized that you're passing the Xbox One through a received to your capture card? The receiver might be applying HDCP regardless of source content, in which case you would either have to plug the Xbox straight into your capture card or pick up a HDMI splitter.

Interesting, I did have this problem when I tried to just bypass the receiver. I can give it a test run again tonight again.

Randum

And looks like it is the receiver - worked alright as of last night just using the XboxONE - I do have horizontal lines coming across, not sure what that is yet, but at least getting the signal to broadcast. I was able to get a HDMI splitter for cheap that should help correct this though so I can use the receiver. I'll report back with results