Stream from outdor IP camera to my website

ivantnt

Hello, I have several IP cameras in different cities and I would like to share the streaming on my website using OBS studio, possibly without going through youtube.

Basically what I want to do is: IP camera streaming -> OBS studio -> My website

IP cameras do not have static IPs but can work with the RTMP or RTSP protocol.

Can you tell me how I can do it?

Thanks

ivantnt

Ok, suppose I want install ngix on a windows machine the steps are:

- install ngix for windows on the machine
- install obs on the same machine

Then how to capture the flow from my external IP camera? My camera support RTMP protocol and to do this with YouTube I just need to enter in my camera the RTMP path and secret key that YouTube give to me and the streaming start. Here how to manage all this things to get as final result an embedded code to share in my website?

Thank you very much.

Rx7man

I was wondering the same thing, though my cameras are static IP on my LAN, and they do have a web interface, however they require credentials and I can't figure out how to enter them in OBS

ivantnt

Ok, suppose I want install ngix on a windows machine the steps are:

- install ngix for windows on the machine
- install obs on the same machine

Then how to capture the flow from my external IP camera? My camera support RTMP protocol and to do this with YouTube I just need to enter in my camera the RTMP path and secret key that YouTube give to me and the streaming start. Here how to manage all this things to get as final result an embedded code to share in my website?

Thank you very much.

Any suggestion about this?

Tomasz Góral

NGINX - you decided about all
But why you need OBS ?
- for mixing video from IP
- for add some graphics oraz text?
- reencoding stream from IP to lower value?

If you need only send stream from IP camera to your site, you no need OBS, you need only NGINX server.
NGINX server send video feed to client.
If you have too much client and to small upload install NGINX on rental server in internet.

On your site, add player who working with HLS (e.g. videojs), put address stream from NGINX, send video from IP Cam to NGINX, watch stream.

Tomasz Góral

Which logo ? at the top or bottom of the screen ?
For static logo (top), better solution is used ffmpeg.
For dynamic logo (bottom), I would use z-index for put website on player or use OBS.

ivantnt

Logo should be 2, one at the top (client logo) and one at the bottom (my logo).

SO this ffmpeg and z-index can be done directly using OBS?