Stream Freezing

brianriv10

Obs keeps freezing at weird moments with an unexplainable like icon showing up on the screen. It has only happened three times so far, I thought that I just needed to upgrade my Mac studio since it first happened on the old version. But it is continuing to happen even when I updated to Sonoma. I made sure that it wasn't a network issue and it is not our video board (Blackmagic Design ATEM Television Studio). I am on OBS version 29.0.2 my next step will be to update OBS but I'm holding off since sometimes it messes with the plugins that I heavily rely on (mostly the Multiple rtmp plugin). Lastly I just want to mention that it's not the whole program that freezes just the program screen and obviously what is being outputted to the stream.

brianriv10

I resolved my own issue a couple weeks ago. I updated obs and of course the multi rtmp plugin stopped working. I reinstalled to the newest one, I also realized that it was only the camera that was causing the stream to freeze. After a stream on a Friday I someone told me that at some point there were fireworks on the screen in the middle of the stream. I looked into the settings and I'm not sure if it was one of us or just something that Apple did but the camera had the FaceTime reactions on so if someone made certain hand gestures it would show the reactions on any app that is using the camera. For some reason the reactions did not play well with obs and that is why it would randomly freeze. No one will probably see this, this is more for my own sanity I guess lol.