Stream drops to 0 Kpbs/s randomly

Kuhllen

My stream will suddenly drop to 0 Kpbs. Sometimes its after 30 minutes, sometimes a few hours. My stream works if I use Streamlabs, but I want to use OBS Studio. It'll drop to 0 Kpbs, stay green, but never reconnect. Then I have to force close it with task manager or else it gets "stuck".

Specs:
Rtx 3070, Z390 pro wifi motherboard, 32 gb 3200mhz ram, 250gb ssd + 1tb ssd, i9 9900k @ 5ghz, Windows 11, 1000w coolermaster psu.

I've tried:
- Disabling / enabling hardware acceleration
- lowering bitrate
- allowing app through firewall
- checking router firewall settings and forwarding ports
- running as admin
- resetting stream key
- using bind to IP option
- trying different encoder
- used only game capture sources and tried other capturing methods
- updating windows, graphics and all other drivers
- checked pc performance for any overloading or other issues
- did a full uninstall of graphic drivers and reinstalled
- uninstalled and reinstalled OBS
- tried older OBS versions
-I'm using a wired connection
- Trying windows 10 again

I'm pretty sure its not a Twitch or ISP issue throttling me or disconnecting me from their servers since it works with streamlabs. I've tried everything I feel and am at a whits end. The only thing that seems to be triggering this issue more often is when I leave the game (Apex Legends) to do something on my other monitor and reopen the game again. I don't know if OBS is tripping up whenever I "exit" the game and then go back to it again. Would love some other suggestions / help.

Attachments

• Xnm_v0pt8NjovV4z.txt
    9.7 KB · Views: 37

Kescarte_DeJudica

My stream will suddenly drop to 0 Kpbs. Sometimes its after 30 minutes, sometimes a few hours. My stream works if I use Streamlabs, but I want to use OBS Studio. It'll drop to 0 Kpbs, stay green, but never reconnect. Then I have to force close it with task manager or else it gets "stuck".

Specs:
Rtx 3070, Z390 pro wifi motherboard, 32 gb 3200mhz ram, 250gb ssd + 1tb ssd, i9 9900k @ 5ghz, Windows 11, 1000w coolermaster psu.

I've tried:
- lowering bitrate
- running as admin
- resetting stream key

I'm pretty sure its not a Twitch or ISP issue throttling me or disconnecting me from their servers since it works with streamlabs. I've tried everything I feel and am at a whits end. The only thing that seems to be triggering this issue more often is when I leave the game (Apex Legends) to do something on my other monitor and reopen the game again. I don't know if OBS is tripping up whenever I "exit" the game and then go back to it again. Would love some other suggestions / help.
I have the exact same issue. Only happens on Windows 11, but not Windows 10, I've gone back and forth and done several tests to find out. It's actually the only thing preventing me from switching to Windows 11 right now. Did you say Streamlabs OBS doesn't have that problem on Windows 11? I'd much rather use OBS Studio as well, but it'd almost be worth it to me to switch for the time being.

For the record, I have the same graphics card as you, RTX 3070, but my CPU is an AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

Waldman

Hi,
I have the same problem. Since I used Win11 the network connection drops randomly while using OBS and only while using OBS.
At this moment not only the connection of OBS drops, every connection drops (active vpn conection, other streams,...).

In my case OBS reconnects after ca. 10 seconds.

I have tried many things too, but without success (disable firewall, making exceptions, different options in obs,...).

I have read a few minutes ago, that OBS can log, so I will try this.

Last edited:

Kuhllen

Hi,
I have the same problem. Since I used Win11 the network connection drops randomly while using OBS and only while using OBS.
At this moment not only the connection of OBS drops, every connection drops (active vpn conection, other streams,...).

In my case OBS reconnects after ca. 10 seconds.

I have tried many things too, but without success (disable firewall, making exceptions, different options in obs,...).

I have read a few minutes ago, that OBS can log, so I will try this.

Interesting. I'm starting to think that most people are experiencing something with network drivers, firewall changes or some sort of network issue caused by Windows 11. I was having audio driver issues when updated so maybe the network drivers experiencing something too. But in my case only streamlabs / OBS drops out, not anything else. I'm going to do a clean install of my network drivers, maybe try adding outbound rule for port 1935 and do a Twitch bandwidth test to see if using "auto" when selecting a server is causing me to connect to a server that's only stable @ a lower bitrate than currently set, which eventually causes me to disconnect. I'll see if anything changes after I try a few more things.

Kescarte_DeJudica

Interesting. I'm starting to think that most people are experiencing something with network drivers, firewall changes or some sort of network issue caused by Windows 11. I was having audio driver issues when updated so maybe the network drivers experiencing something too. But in my case only streamlabs / OBS drops out, not anything else. I'm going to do a clean install of my network drivers, maybe try adding outbound rule for port 1935 and do a Twitch bandwidth test to see if using "auto" when selecting a server is causing me to connect to a server that's only stable @ a lower bitrate than currently set, which eventually causes me to disconnect. I'll see if anything changes after I try a few more things.
Great idea! Please let us know your results.

CasRae

Specs:

I've tried:
- lowering bitrate
- running as admin
- resetting stream key

dang im having the same issue and i figured it was bc of windows 11. i see this was back in november and sad to say theres no general fix and we are into february. i didnt try much past making sure i had everything updated windows/drivers/graphics etc. mine seems to trigger 0kpbs when i exit games on my PC also when i turn off my console that's connected through a capture card, which is weird.

Kescarte_DeJudica

I have a similar issue anybody bay fixed this?
As far as I'm aware, it's still ongoing.

I tried disabling Secure Boot due to the whole AMD thing, but that didn't seem to make much of a difference. Then again, I didn't really expect it to, because OP has an Intel system and is experiencing the same issue.