Question / Help Stream delay increasing overtime

Lucky Chappy

Hey all! Hope you’re having a great day! I am having constant problems with my stream lately and have finally fixed my issues due to faulty Ethernet cables, however, i am suffering from huge stream delay, when I start streaming it’s sitting at about 8-10 seconds and then overtime it increase up into the 3 minute area not even 1 hour in.
i stream on Facebook and am in the level up program which allows me to stream at 1080p60fps.
I will post a log of the most recent stream session which ended up being 1 minute behind after the short period it was.

Attachments

• Stream delay huge.txt
    24.7 KB · Views: 41

FerretBomb

Doesn't look like there's an issue on your end, from that log. 6650kbps is very low for 1080p60 video (12000kbps is recommended, with fast/heavy-motion games needing more, and low-motion games like Hearthstone being able to get away with less).

This is most likely just an issue with the Facebook video ingest/distribution/player system, as you do not appear to be dropping any frames (which is about the only thing on the caster side of things that will increase the delay).
13:30:49.306: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] User stopped the stream
13:30:49.307: Output 'adv_stream': stopping
13:30:49.307: Output 'adv_stream': Total frames output: 67342
13:30:49.307: Output 'adv_stream': Total drawn frames: 67427

Lucky Chappy

Doesn't look like there's an issue on your end, from that log. 6650kbps is very low for 1080p60 video (12000kbps is recommended, with fast/heavy-motion games needing more, and low-motion games like Hearthstone being able to get away with less).

This is most likely just an issue with the Facebook video ingest/distribution/player system, as you do not appear to be dropping any frames (which is about the only thing on the caster side of things that will increase the delay).
Okay, so in terms of freezing also, does it seem like a Facebook thing?
I have raised my bitrate to above 12k and it gets the same delay/freezing issue so for this test I was just trying 6.65k that’s all :)

FerretBomb

Sounds like it. From your log, OBS wasn't seeing any issues on its end, or on transmitting data to the ingest server. Everything past that point is on Facebook's end; ingesting, replicating, delivering, and playback of the video.
You can try also local-recording if you aren't already, and watch the local video back in VLC (NOT the default Windows Media Player!). If it plays without issue, the problem is on Facebook's side. You'll have to reach out to their support arm about it.