Question / Help Stream 720 cap while streaming in 1080

jedenzet

Hello.
I've contacted Twitch support about a month ago but since they don't give a flaying sausage about it i'm gonna ask you guys about a problem that's pissing me off.

I'm streaming in 1080p60 but for some reason sometimes my stream in only available in 720p60. There is absolutly nothing i can do about it besides restarting and praying for a miracle to happen. VOD's are in 1080p60 even the current stream when i go to my videos to watch it is available in 1080p60 but on my channel page the max you can choose is 720p60.
What the hell is going on? I'm streaming for over a year now and i've never encountered such bs.

Is it because of custom x264 commands? About a bitrate? Any thoughts? Thank you for help.

PS. I'M AN AFFILIATE AND I GET TRANSCODING 99.9% OF TIME SO PLEASE DON'T TALK ABOUT IT.

TryHD

try 7800, your bitrate seems to fluctuate a littlebit and you get over the threshold of twitch, which results in twitch hiding your source quality option. You could also change to a other plattform which allows more bitrate to get rid of that twitch bullshittery.

jedenzet

I'll give it a try. I'm streaming PUBG which is very hard to encode because of all the grass and stuff like that so it's hard to achieve a good quality with this little data.

Narcogen

If you're streaming to Twitch at 1080p60, then that's what they are getting.

If viewers can only see 720p60 then Twitch is definitely transcoding.

If viewers can see the transcoded stream but not the original quality stream, that is 100% on Twitch and I doubt any amount of configuration changes in OBS will affect it. They can't transcode a stream they aren't properly receiving, and if 1080p60 is what they are getting, but they aren't serving it, then the issue is on their end.