Question / Help Strange glitch when skipping through my recorded file

rahorns

Hello, I seem to be experiencing a strange glitch in my file after screen recording using OBS. This did not happen the first few times I recorded my screen but it is happening now, even though my settings have always been the exact same. To clarify what I mean with glitch, here is a video link where I screenrecorded the issue. The captured video is being played in VLC media player, but multiple programs (like Sony Vegas Pro and Aegisub) are having difficulty playing it. When I upload the video somewhere else, such as YT or Dailymotion, the problem disappears, probably because of compression.

I do think I know where the problem is coming from. At "Output", I use the encoder Hardware (QSV), this is the option that gives me glitches. If I change this to Software (x264) the problem is gone, but the output quality is worse. So in theory, I am able to avoid this problem by simply changing the encoder, but I am puzzled as to what makes the video glitch and why it did work properly the first few times. It could also be my computer and not the program, if so, is there any way to fix this?

Link to logfile: https://obsproject.com/logs/FEiQVigyfeEg4TgR
I also attached the logfile in.txt format below.

Attachments

• logfile.txt
    16 KB · Views: 26

carlmmii

I can't watch the video right now, but I'm going to take a wild shot in the dark that it looks like a mostly grey image with a lot of distorted green/pink showing the outlines of motion until it pops back with a full-frame image?

If that's the case, then that's the result of your editor not properly pulling back from the previous keyframe when scrubbing -- it's giving up and just starting with a grey frame and building on it with the I frames.

Unfortunately, I'm not experienced enough with all the options QSV has to offer to give some specific encoding options to try... but one of the best things you can do without getting too technical is set your keyframe interval to 1 second. I'm not sure what you have it set to right now, as the logs don't give that info for QSV.

rahorns

I can't watch the video right now, but I'm going to take a wild shot in the dark that it looks like a mostly grey image with a lot of distorted green/pink showing the outlines of motion until it pops back with a full-frame image?

If that's the case, then that's the result of your editor not properly pulling back from the previous keyframe when scrubbing -- it's giving up and just starting with a grey frame and building on it with the I frames.

Unfortunately, I'm not experienced enough with all the options QSV has to offer to give some specific encoding options to try... but one of the best things you can do without getting too technical is set your keyframe interval to 1 second. I'm not sure what you have it set to right now, as the logs don't give that info for QSV.

Hi! Thanks for your reply. My keyframe interval was set to 3 and I changed it to 1, the problem unfortunately persists.

Link to logfile: https://obsproject.com/logs/ARw6XYewP6spzorm
I also attached the logfile in.txt format below.

Attachments

• logfile2.txt
    17.1 KB · Views: 18

carlmmii

Ok, just got a chance to watch the video. It looks like the keyframes are just being ignored by your editor. I would try reverting to a previous version of quick sync -- qsv has had some very weird quirks happening to it lately.