Question / Help Strange Bug - League Client + Multiple Graphics Cards = Error

AlphaIrri

Hello,

I have OBS installed on my machine. When setting up Windows Capture for the PVP.net client, I get a static image instead of it changing as I do things in the client. After a few hours of messing with settings, I found that if I disable the monitors on my second graphics card OBS works fine.

My computer is a few years old, but still runs like a champ. Here is the build and what monitors are to each card, if that matters.

Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 12288MB RAM
Graphic Card 1: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470
Graphic Card 2: NVIDIA GeForce GT 620

Card 1 has two monitors attached to it. The first monitor is where all the game-play is happening. The second monitor is just for Skype and managing OBS.
Card 2 has the third monitor attached and that has browser windows on it for the most part.

When I go into Nvidia settings and uncheck the third monitor, OBS works right away. The second card is still active so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Note: OBS scenes only involve things happening on the first monitor, which is on the GTX 470.

Things I've tried:
Disable hardware acceleration in Flash as I've seen recommended many times
32-bit and 64-bit OBS
Removed third-party plugins
Clean install of OBS (removed APPDATA and whatnot)
Moving the second monitor to the second card
Changing which card PhysX is being ran on (not sure if OBS uses PhysX, but worth a shot)

Anyway, thank you for viewing my post. I'm sorry if I described it strange. I'm not currently at that computer or I would also post logs, but I'll do that when I have a chance, if that is necessary.

Krazy

Town drunk
Window Capture gets weird when multiple graphics cards are involved. I would recommend capturing the PVP.net client with Monitor Capture in this case and put in in a separate scene. Use the auto scene switcher plugin from the Resources section to make your life easier.

AlphaIrri

Alright, thanks for the help!
Now I have like 50 sources to redo :P all of those sub-regions!
Time to get to work!