Question / Help Stinger - Scenes Seem to be Crossfading Under Video!

peafrog

Hi everyone :D I can't find anything online to help with this issue so hopefully someone knows what's up! I have made a stinger with a 6 frame solid image in the middle of the transition, and that's working great. I've set the Scenes to change at 1000ms, which is where the solid image comes, but before and after those frames come, I can see the frames fading to black, underneath my Stinger video.

I can't see any settings where I can change this to a cut under the stinger, only for audio.

Does anyone know what's happening or how to fix this!?

Thank you!
Peafrog

FerretBomb

Stinger transitions do not fade to black, they perform a simple Cut transition on the frame/millisecond mark specified. Perhaps your stinger video has a fade-to-black in it?
The only options are to fade-out audio or crossfade audio between the scenes. Everything else is simply handled by playing the stinger video, and doing a Cut transition in the background at the specified transition point.

In the Stinger setup/properties, you can Preview the transition with a simple A/B scene. Maybe check that and see? Or set the transition point to 250ms or 500ms so you can see the cut transition occur, and that it's unrelated to the fade-to-black you're seeing?

peafrog

Stinger transitions do not fade to black, they perform a simple Cut transition on the frame/millisecond mark specified. Perhaps your stinger video has a fade-to-black in it?
The only options are to fade-out audio or crossfade audio between the scenes. Everything else is simply handled by playing the stinger video, and doing a Cut transition in the background at the specified transition point.

In the Stinger setup/properties, you can Preview the transition with a simple A/B scene. Maybe check that and see? Or set the transition point to 250ms or 500ms so you can see the cut transition occur, and that it's unrelated to the fade-to-black you're seeing?

Hi FerretBomb :)

I've looked at the transition video in AfterEffects, and it's doing nothing it isn't supposed to, but when I preview it in the settings window on OBS between an A-B screen, and has this wierd little fade, and also when I go between actual scenes. It isn't doing a straight cut. I've tried moving the Milliseconds to different points, and it seems to always have this black fade so perhaps it's something weird added by AfterEffects during the render? I have no clue tbh!

Assuming nobody else has had this issue I'll keep fiddling in AfterEffects cos it must be part of the video somehow, although I have no clue why! It's rather annoying tbh!

Thanks for your reply :)