Starting the output failed.

Hi! I am just starting out with video recording. I hope my question isn't excessively childish. I installed OBS Studio version 30.1.2 on a PC running Windows 10 8 (CPU Intel Core i3 2100 Sandy Bridge) but an error is preventing me from recording anything:
STARTING THE OUTPUT FAILED. Check the log for details.
Note: If you are using the NVENC or AMD encoders, make sure your video drivers are up to date.
As far as I know, I'm not using the NVIDIA or AMD encoders. A previous post, https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/obs-30-0-cant-start-qsv-recording-anymore.170999 , mentioned the CPU architecture and advised to downgrade to an older version of OBS, which I followed, installing a 29 version, but still the same error message pops up and prevent recording. A log file is attached here. I would be very grateful for any hint.
Many thanks for your time !!

Attachments

• OBS Studio log.txt
    8.4 KB · Views: 4

Suslik V

Consider to set other encoder in OBS Settings > Output. If you need the QSV encoder - maybe older version of OBS will work better for you.

Anyway, this PC is too weak for complex recordings. Don't expect much from it.

Just for info:

Thanks a lot for your reply. In Settings > Output, I switched to "low CPU usage" mode and now I can capture and record the screen. I'm going to keep testing. However, it's a little strange. OBS version 30 works smoothly on a low performance PC built around a Pentium Gold and running the same OS, Windows 10.