SRT betweem windows and mac

tretts88

Hi Everyone,

As per title i'm not able to make "talk" my Win computer and mac.
Through netstat i found which IP and port have both but once i digiti in OBS it pops that the connection it's not available.
Attached some screen, maybe there's something missing or that i didn't understand.
I tried even teleport but it stacks on Mac and NDI 5 stutters a lot.

Let me know, thanks in advice.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-06 alle 21.23.24.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-06 alle 21.23.24.png
    49.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Immagine 2023-09-06 212701.png
    Immagine 2023-09-06 212701.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 17

tretts88

Are you sure the Input IP is correct? 192.168.0.1 is usually for the router.
Well, yes, i set it manually and router has 192.168.0.20 i guess the problem is in the port. I'm not able to show the port from the mac.
Win shows a port but i'm not that sure and i would double check it but i can't see from mac's terminal.

XLCOLDJ

maybe there's something missing or that i didn't understand.
Fix/clean-up your network configuration.

Give the router the first IP in the subnet (192.168.0.1/24) and use other addresses for the hosts. On the Mac, make sure it has a host-IP in the 192.168.0.0/24 subnet *and* make sure the gateway address is set to 192.168.0.1. Do the same on your Windows machine, and it should work.

Right now it seems like you don't have a valid network configuration, so you don't have a valid route to the (Mac) host.

tretts88

Yes, that looks good. If the router has a 192.168.0.1/24 interface, the networking is OK.

Have you updated the srt:// URIs in OBS with the correct IP addresses?

Where did you get the port-config information from? In some cases you would need "special permission" to listen on the higher ports--try something below 10000.

View attachment 97420
I found it via NETSTAT with CMD but what i didn't get is, is it necessary to use a specific port or it's enough to use anything i want?

XLCOLDJ

I haven't worked with srt before, but I just tried it out.

The 'Server' is the "listener." It is streaming on a specific IP:port. The Client (feed-consumer) is the "caller." It has to call the IP:port of the Server (listener) to receive the stream.

The port you use (you must choose it yourself, it cannot be already in-use) should be the same on both sides, and the IP used by the caller should be the IP of the 'Server'. Here are some screenshots. Maybe you should test your 'Server' with VLC to make sure that part is working locally and remote, outside of OBS:

1694113095928.png
1694113125210.png

1694113182314.png
1694113197101.png

tretts88

I haven't worked with srt before, but I just tried it out.

The 'Server' is the "listener." It is streaming on a specific IP:port. The Client (feed-consumer) is the "caller." It has to call the IP:port of the Server (listener) to receive the stream.

The port you use (you must choose it yourself, it cannot be already in-use) should be the same on both sides, and the IP used by the caller should be the IP of the 'Server'. Here are some screenshots. Maybe you should test your 'Server' with VLC to make sure that part is working locally and remote, outside of OBS:

View attachment 97423View attachment 97424
View attachment 97425View attachment 97426
Great, turns out that i switched caller with listener. But now when i start from caller pc it says that something unexpected encorred and i have to read the log file. Where the heck is it!?

XLCOLDJ

You should confirm that it works with VLC before trying to get it working in OBS. I don't know where the logs might be, but you shouldn't need them if you just take it step-by-step. You might have a firewall enabled on Windows. Check that kind of stuff test. Make sure you're using the right IPs and port.