Source Switcher

Source Switcher 0.4.2

dontdoitADAM

@Exeldro Is it possible to use this to select the source you wish to go to manually?

Say I have a scene with 10 different background sources. but only want one to be active at a time. I'd love to be able to set a stream deck key to say... show background 7, but turn off the other backgrounds when it does that.

GrumpyDog

@Exeldro Is it possible to use this to select the source you wish to go to manually?

Say I have a scene with 10 different background sources. but only want one to be active at a time. I'd love to be able to set a stream deck key to say... show background 7, but turn off the other backgrounds when it does that.

You can do that with StreamDeck Multi Action

CybaGirl

Hello, and firstly I want to say thank you so very much for making this awesome plugin.

I have it setup and configured for my needs and without any issue.

But what I was wondering was? Is there a way in which I can change the ms milliseconds to seconds in the Time Switch options as I am using it to show a Follow and Subscribe banner. But I would like it if I could set this to show every 30mins.

Thanks.

craigkendall

Well, this is a great plugin @Exeldro and meets all expectations as advertised. I just posted a review. Thank you!

I also just read through the entire thread here to see if anyone else asked about and received an answer for my one "nice-to-have" feature. Several asked about a way to do it, but I didn't read any answer (or I missed it).

Is there a way to make sure a set of sources always starts with the first source at the top of the source list when sent from preview to program?

I don't really understand the Media State Switcher option and its settings. Is that something that could be used to ensure it always starts over with first source in list when sent from preview to program?

turiansgonewild

Hello! I'm having an issue with the plugin. When I create a source switcher, the properties come up and all I can see is the list where I can put sources, the plus button, minus button, setting button and up and down button. Nothing else show up. Just want to see what I'm doing wrong! Thanks

turiansgonewild

This is what I mean, this is all it shows. I've installed and uninstalled it like 4 times to try to make it work but it just doesn't seem to be happening.

Attachments

• evidence.png
    evidence.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 48

skpeter

Is there a way to make sure a set of sources always starts with the first source at the top of the source list when sent from preview to program?
Just wanted to +1 this. A toggle that lets the source switch back to the first one either on scene activation or on hide/show would be great.

Den-Vel

This one is imho the top. Does all that is described in the 'overview'. Works just fine. Thanks @Exeldro so much!
I wonder if this is possible to make it able to manage time intervals a source is on screen individually for each source?
As an example, there are three news tickers (divided by subject and way of scrolling) of different text length appearing in the lowerthird one after another. Each takes its own time to be shown comletely. Switch Source rotate them perfectly, but at the same time interval, which either has to cut the longest news ticker or has the shortest one scrolled too many times.
Any hope this idea could become real? :)

RacerGregg

Thanks for all of your great work! Is there going to be a version of this plugin for OBS 28? It's one of the few of yours that hasn't been updated already and I didn't see any mention on GitHub.

RacerGregg

@RacerGregg this plugin does not need an update for OBS version 28, old and current version of the plugin should work just fine.
I'll try reinstalling -- Could it be an issue that I'm running the Mac ARM version of 28? When upgrading to Mac ARM version it did not appear in list of plugins and Source was no longer valid.

That said, I think I can do what I want with the "Image Slide Show" source for now.

Attachments

• ListOfSources.jpg
    ListOfSources.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

RacerGregg

Quick update. I attempted a reinstall of the plugin and the "Source Switcher" source still does not appear in the list of available sources.

Daniel Stephen

Exeldro submitted a new resource:

Source Switcher - Plugin for OBS Studio to add a source that switches between a list of sources

Read more about this resource...
Hi Exeldro,

Just downloaded your Source Switcher plugin to help create an advanced automatically recurring title set, and am really liking what this plugin has to offer. I've a couple of suggestions, which I think would make this plugin even better:

1. Could you add a widget for keeping certain parameters for elements within the source switcher at our fingertips? Something akin to the new widget found in the Advanced Scene Switcher. Specifically, we are looking for the ability to pause the automatic source switching effect, as well as the ability to switch between different sources on the fly. A sample use case would be for dealing with a complex multi-camera scene, in which we have the source switcher automatically rotating between two or three different camera angles. Basically, whenever the situation calls for it, we want to be able to pause the source switching effect on whatever camera angle it happens to be on, and also be able to switch to another angle (with transitions) immediately as needed. This will help a lot with setting up our advanced rotating title set overlay, which will also be utilizing your source switcher to power the visuals.
2. Could you add a "randomize switching order" feature, so that we can randomize the order in which the sources are displayed? This will help with instances where we have more than two cameras operating, and don't want the automatic source switcher to monotonously rotate between cameras A, B and C in the exact same order.
3. Variables would be nice. For instance, if we have three cameras listed, it would be good if we can choose to set how long each camera is displayed individually, as opposed to a one-size-fits-all set duration for switching between all three cameras.

Also, I want to bring to your attention a potential bug:

When using the Render Delay filter to synchronize our video to the incoming audio, the source switcher works perfectly, in that only the sources get delayed, not the switching effect. This is exactly how we want it to behave (for our purposes, anyway). However, when this filter is enabled, it causes a black screen to occur for about a second as the source switcher switches from one item to another. If you could fix this bug without impacting the current functionality of the Source Switcher in relation to it's behavior with the Render Delay filter, that would be great.

Thank you very much once again, for another great plugin!

Daniel Stephen

Hi Exeldro,

Just downloaded your Source Switcher plugin to help create an advanced automatically recurring title set, and am really liking what this plugin has to offer. I've a couple of suggestions, which I think would make this plugin even better:

1. Could you add a widget for keeping certain parameters for elements within the source switcher at our fingertips? Something akin to the new widget found in the Advanced Scene Switcher. Specifically, we are looking for the ability to pause the automatic source switching effect, as well as the ability to switch between different sources on the fly. A sample use case would be for dealing with a complex multi-camera scene, in which we have the source switcher automatically rotating between two or three different camera angles. Basically, whenever the situation calls for it, we want to be able to pause the source switching effect on whatever camera angle it happens to be on, and also be able to switch to another angle (with transitions) immediately as needed. This will help a lot with setting up our advanced rotating title set overlay, which will also be utilizing your source switcher to power the visuals.
2. Could you add a "randomize switching order" feature, so that we can randomize the order in which the sources are displayed? This will help with instances where we have more than two cameras operating, and don't want the automatic source switcher to monotonously rotate between cameras A, B and C in the exact same order.
3. Variables would be nice. For instance, if we have three cameras listed, it would be good if we can choose to set how long each camera is displayed individually, as opposed to a one-size-fits-all set duration for switching between all three cameras.

Also, I want to bring to your attention a potential bug:

When using the Render Delay filter to synchronize our video to the incoming audio, the source switcher works perfectly, in that only the sources get delayed, not the switching effect. This is exactly how we want it to behave (for our purposes, anyway). However, when this filter is enabled, it causes a black screen to occur for about a second as the source switcher switches from one item to another. If you could fix this bug without impacting the current functionality of the Source Switcher in relation to it's behavior with the Render Delay filter, that would be great.

Thank you very much once again, for another great plugin!
Sorry, just saw request #2 is required, please disregard that request.