Source Record

Source Record 0.3.2

pwncak3z

Hi! quick question. Is there a way to use this plugin's replay buffer as a way to save highlights of a specific source? Im using the OBS built in replay buffer to make highlights of the current scene in obs but id like to also make take a highlight of my full facecam scene at the same time.

maybe im missing something, but using the "save replay" button for source record's replay buffer still just saves a clip of whatever was shown on screen and not the specific scene id like it to record. Any help or insight on how to get this working would be a huge help!

old_lady_katie

I love this plugin, thank you so much!

I would love to use this plugin to record two separate sources that have an alpha channel. My thought was the best way to do that was to add the source record filter to a group that contains both the source with alpha channel and a green screen, and then order my filters such that FIRST the source record happens, and THEN a chroma key filters out alpha channel, however, source record seems to record the final image (post chroma key) despite the order on the filters. Is there a work around for this? Am I making it too complicated and there's just a codec that could do this for me?

Parent recording with all sources:
1659397434782.png

How I organized one of the transparent sources I'd like to record in a group with filters:
1659397492517.png

The remuxed video:
1659397596086.png

(I have confirmed the premiere pro that the black background here is indeed black and not transparent)

ClericCoren

Hello @Exeldro! How are you today?

Sorry to bother you but I was extensively trying to use this plugin without success and found a problem that I can reproduce 100% of the time. If I set the path to the recording file, OBS doesn't startup anymore, I have to manually remove the filter from the JSON config file in order to make it to boot again. There are no crash logs, OBS just doesn't start anymore after a shutdown.

I've found that If I just add the filter and do not set anything, this problem does not happens anymore, but the moment I set a path, it happens again. I've noticed that adding the filter with the default config, there are no path info in the JSON file, it assumes I want to use my default videos system folder and the plugin works great, it spits out the file there (d:/Videos/).

This is what the real time log shows up, not sure why those backslashes are different. I set the plugin to record the same time as I start recording the main OBS output:

Code:
undefine13:12:00.507: ==== Recording Start ===============================================
13:12:00.507: [ffmpeg muxer: 'adv_file_output'] Writing file 'G:/Vídeos/OBS/MuvRH/2022-05-03 13-12-00.mkv'...
13:12:00.510: ---------------------------------
13:12:00.510: [FFmpeg aac encoder: 'Source Record'] bitrate: 128, channels: 2, channel_layout: 3
13:12:00.510:
13:12:00.514: [ffmpeg muxer: 'Source Record'] Writing file 'D:\Vídeos/test 2022-05-03 13-12-00.mkv'...
13:12:00.517: save_or_load_event_callback 1, 1198450969
13:12:00.517: obs save event
13:12:00.577: [ffmpeg muxer: 'Source Record'] Writing file 'D:\Vídeos/test 2022-05-03 13-12-00.mkv'...d

The moment I add the path, again, it shows up in the JSON config file and that's when my OBS does not starts up anymore.

Thank you.
Created an account to parrot @ASchneider . I am having the same issue. I can install it just fine and add the filter, make any adjustments to the filter settings, and record the current stream. However if I close out of OBS it will not re-open. If I add the filter and leave all the settings to default, I can re-open OBS just fine. Not sure what's causing it but currently my only workaround is adding the filter each session, making the changes, and then removing the filter at the end. It's not ideal so if someone has found a fix to this it would be much appreciated.

Runey5

for some reason, when i use source record to record my webcam and gameplay separately they're never recorded for the same amount of time at all.

Webcam is always a second longer than the gameplay.

Cepas28

Hello.

I have no clue if anyone else had this issue.

I noticed now, that when I start recording my game capture source with it and I'm playing a game, everything is fine. If I decide to switch games, turn the previous one off and turn the new one on, then the game capture source on OBS like freezes up and refuses to capture a new game unless I turn off the recording in the source record plugin. But even after that, the recording file does not finish encoding, unless I crash OBS on my own.

Once the new game starts capturing, restarting the source record plugin sometimes crashes whole OBS or when it looks like the new game is recording, the final recording file only has the footage that has been captured up until the game switch and the new game footage does not even get created.

If I would put this issue simply, if I stop source record before switching games, I have no issues.
If I switch games without stopping source record, I might get OBS crashes, unfinished recording files, game capture source freezes.

Would it be possible to make the plugin record even the black game capture screen when it is looking for a new game to capture so It would not cut off the recording? If other people are experiencing this that would probably prevent them and me from losing footage without even realizing that they are losing it.

norihiro

Would it be possible to make the plugin record even the black game capture screen when it is looking for a new game to capture so It would not cut off the recording?
If the size of the source is changing, I would recommend to apply Source Record filter to the scene instead of Window Capture source.

Tomasz Góral

I love this plugin, thank you so much!

I would love to use this plugin to record two separate sources that have an alpha channel. My thought was the best way to do that was to add the source record filter to a group that contains both the source with alpha channel and a green screen, and then order my filters such that FIRST the source record happens, and THEN a chroma key filters out alpha channel, however, source record seems to record the final image (post chroma key) despite the order on the filters. Is there a work around for this? Am I making it too complicated and there's just a codec that could do this for me?

Parent recording with all sources:
View attachment 85223

How I organized one of the transparent sources I'd like to record in a group with filters:
View attachment 85224

The remuxed video:
View attachment 85225
(I have confirmed the premiere pro that the black background here is indeed black and not transparent)
MKV don’t have transparent channel, check MOV.

the_dorkness2

This is a good program to increase the quality of my recordings, but I noticed when recording mkv file source recording failed to note any audio information in the properties of the files and makes audio conversion of the files impossible (It still records the audio). As such I have to record in mp4 which can be problematic if something bad happens during the recording. I don't know if there's a way to solve this or I'm gonna be stuck with possibly corrupt files sometimes, but I hope this issue can get resolved cause I see it as a major one.

Bazim

And how can I stop to OBS record the vanilla recording but only record via this plugin? Now I have a Vanilla record OBS and the source record. So it is recording two times at the same time.

VolatilePest

I've found a small bug with version 0.3.0, while using NVIDIA NVENC H.264 (New), it records all sources instead of just the source with the filter, not sure if someone has mentioned that already.

i'm also using it on a windows 11 laptop on OBS version 27.2.4.

ksizzlemvc3

With OBS 28 having Automatic File Splitting, I went to test the feature and while it does work well, Source Record still keeps going without splitting anything. Any chance the plugin can be updated to also automatically file split depending on time/size? Love the plugin. Thanks

KensonPlays

Any updates on full obs 28 compatibility? I'd like to return to OBS, but I've been checking out some other solutions and they have native built-in ways to record a different scene.

I much prefer OBS since it's open source (love that) and free, though. But if it isn't fully compatible, I can't really do a stream & recording at the same time to edit down for a series.

KensonPlays

Cause if this issue is still a thing:
With OBS 28 having Automatic File Splitting, I went to test the feature and while it does work well, Source Record still keeps going without splitting anything. Any chance the plugin can be updated to also automatically file split depending on time/size? Love the plugin. Thanks
Then I can't use Source Record at the moment. I have it auto split files every 6GB so that if some footage gets corrupted, not everything is lost on a crash (which is essentially never, but better safe than sorry). To be able to use Source Record to have different local and different stream footage, I'll need to have full compatibility.

I know that OBS 28 is still brand new, but can't make use of this, yet.

norihiro

I believe in this case all the stream alerts would be captured together with it sadly.
You can have separated scenes. One scene is for streaming with alerts and Window Capture. Another scene is just for Source Record. Please consider Copy and Paste (Duplicate) the capture.

kaitorin

Currently added as a filter to my camera, but after I've adjusted all my settings, I look into my recordings and my full recording overlays and all were saved to both my normal VOD file and my Camera file! Any fix for this?