Source Record Plugin Doesn't Show Up in Effects List

Musicrafter

This is fairly self-explanatory I think. I installed Source Record -- I tried it both ways, manually dragging in the folders and using the EXE installer -- but in neither case did the thing ever show up in the effects list when I went to try to add it to a source. It just gives me all the standard default options, it seems, but Source Record is absent.

I haven't been able to find anyone with a similar problem by Googling. Does anyone have advice how to (potentially) fix this?

I will note, just in case it is relevant somehow, that I am using OBS 26.1, since all the versions of OBS 27 I tried crashed on start.

PaiSand

Sounds like the plugin isn't compatible with latest versions of OBS. Please contact the creator of said plugin for support.

Musicrafter

Sounds like the plugin isn't compatible with latest versions of OBS. Please contact the creator of said plugin for support.
Thanks for suggesting it might have something to do with the version. The page says it should be good with anything after 26.0 though.

Nonetheless I fooled around for a while and sort of accidentally figured out that version 27.0: a) doesn't crash on startup and b) allows me to use the effect. So in effect, the issue is mostly solved for me, though I'm still a bit annoyed I had to go through this much trouble.