Sound

Hankster

I get great video,but no sound at all on recording or playback. I changed all settings per OSB instructions , nothing works. I have speakers set through a Vizio Sound Bar and my OS is Windows 10 Home . I purchased , because it was suppose to be plug and play . Please, help the stupid.

Thank You

konsolenritter

Welcome, Hankster.

Just a moment, wait... you PURCHASED OBS?? I don't hope so.
"I changed ALL settings per..." doesn't help really.

You should start from a fresh install as beginner, then describe your setup (what mic and where, going to what input, aso.) and provide us a logfile of an OBS session that consists the issue.

Are the meters in the audio mixer show travelling bars at all? Not muted?

Gigantor

1. click properties of your video capture device. In my case Firestick 4k
2. Scroll down to Audio output mode: change to Output Desktop audio (Direct sound or waveout)
3. Check box: Use custom audio device.
4. Audio device: Digital Audio Interface: Usb 3.0 capture (in my case)
click ok.

Bama01

2. Scroll down to Audio output mode: change to Output Desktop audio (Direct sound or waveout)
click ok.
Thanks for the help. Where can I find the Video Capture Device displayed on my computer so I can look for the properties settings.

Bama01

Thanks for the help. Where can I find the Video Capture Device displayed on my computer so I can look for the properties settings.
I found where to change properties on my Video Capture Card, and made the changes. That activated my microphone on the computer, but still no sound from my firestick movie.

Hankster

click ok.
THANK YOU, it's working for now. It, also had something to do with my usb ext mic .