Sound issue

Kriixom

Hello!
I hope someone can help me with this issue. I have been going crazy. I record gameplay videos for youtube so I have a couple scenes I use. One is a full screen face cam and a mic. The other scene has the face cam and mic but also the game capture and game audio (playing on the same PC), along with some graphics. When I am using the face cam/mic scene, I still hear the game audio, even though there is no game audio source on that scene. I have disabled all sources in the settings and still hear the game audio. I’ve deleted all audio sources from all scenes and added them back and still have the same issue. I’m running the latest version as of this post.

Thank you!

AaronD

Are your speakers/headphones getting into the mic?

I did sound for a concert once that had that problem: the lead singer's in-ear monitors (earbuds fed from the sound board) were bleeding into his vocal mic! It would have been okay - live sound bleeds all over the place anyway - except that he had a click track (metronome) that was quite jarring and never intended to be heard in the audience at all.

Kriixom

That is a good question but I can confirm that is not the case. I use headphones and the mic does not pick up the sound. OBS does record the audio correctly. On the scenes without the game audio source, it does not record it even though I can hear it in my headphones. Its the weirdest thing I’ve came across.

AaronD

Okay, so the game is getting into your headphones regardless of OBS. I think OBS is probably okay.

What does your audio routing look like, *outside* of OBS? Where does the game go? What's it set for and what does that feed? Etc.

Kriixom

Thank you so much for the help!
Headphones are plugged directly into the back of the PC to the sound card and are used 95% of the time. Mic is separate and plugged into a USB port. The desktop speakers are plugged into another set of inputs on top of the case. I control where the sound goes via the Windows sound settings.

AaronD

That's the output end of the chain. I was asking about the input end. Where does the game audio go? Start from the game itself and its settings, and follow step-by-step through everything else in order of signal flow: other apps and their settings, Windows and its settings, etc., noting every individual thing along the way.