Question / Help Sony a6300 streaming to OBS on Mac

JLuukkonen

I've got a MacBook Pro 13in (2016), running recent software, etc.

I've got my Sony a6300 live using their Image Edge Desktop software and the Remote add-on. I can see the camera, etc. However, I can't seem to pull it up as a source anywhere in OBS. I know there are some issues (as I've been reading here) with Mac not playing nice with OBS sometimes, so I'm not sure if that's it, or if I'm missing something. I'm not sure if a log file will help, but if someone here needs it, I've provided it. Thanks for any info you might have.

Attachments

• 2020-01-31 10-31-24.txt
    4.2 KB · Views: 116

Narcogen

Open up QuickTime Player and make a new movie recording.

Does the Sony show up as a camera you can record from? If so, OBS should be able to see it.

If not, Sony did not provide a video device driver for this camera, and you'll need HDMI capture hardware to use it in OBS. It means that whatever code is necessary to get a live video feed from this camera Sony put directly into their software. Without HDMI capture hardware, you'll need to either window or display capture the Image Edge Desktop software itself.

Matty777

I've got a MacBook Pro 13in (2016), running recent software, etc.

I've got my Sony a6300 live using their Image Edge Desktop software and the Remote add-on. I can see the camera, etc. However, I can't seem to pull it up as a source anywhere in OBS. I know there are some issues (as I've been reading here) with Mac not playing nice with OBS sometimes, so I'm not sure if that's it, or if I'm missing something. I'm not sure if a log file will help, but if someone here needs it, I've provided it. Thanks for any info you might have.
Hello. Did you ever find out why it didn’t connect? I too have this issue with Sony a7iii .. opens in image edge but one doesn’t find it as a capture

Thanks