Some concerns and ideas

CJtheRocker

I have recently switched to the studio version of OBS and for the most part its good, but I did have a few issues (that I may just be stupid)

1: when capping a monitor or window, I haven't found out how to cap sub-region like in the older OBS versions.

2: I think having the profiles completely disconnected nothing in common between them, I have several needs for using complete separate profiles, rather than making new windows profiles.

3: Possibly being able to remove some items from the mixer, as my webcams aren't even active in windows, but are still on mixers

4: The newer noise gate no longer has a preview mode, any way to bring this back?

c3r1c3

1. Right-click on source->Filters->[Add the crop filter]
2. That what profiles are, completely disconnected. If you want your scenes to be fresh/different as well, then use a new scene collection. Think of the profile as everything in the settings window, scene collections as everything in the main interface.
3. When you use Scene collections you can get what you're asking for (unless I'm not understanding this question/request).
4. Yes, known issue. Some complications with that, and working on it.

CJtheRocker

the crop filter works, but it seems much more time consuming to guess the correct dimensions rather than actually selecting exactly what I want with the previous Sub-Region tool?

For #3, I am seeing my webcam in the audio mixer portion of OBS, but it is disabled within Windows as in I only use it for video, not audio, so wondering if there is a way to make it not show up at all in the audio mixer of OBS

CJtheRocker

Also, I just created a new profile and all of the scenes are still in the new profile, it is not fully separate at all, I was meaning like completely new scenes, no connected stream key, etc.

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
I added a mantis issue for #3: https://obsproject.com/mantis/view.php?id=439
Add an option to disable the audio input of capture cards and webcams

I think its a quite useful function to keep the audio mixer decluttered and only show devices you are using as well as removing the need to mute those devices and check they are muted everytime.