Question / Help [SOLVED] SoundFlower and OSX 10.11 El Capitan

mpc15

When I try to uninstall the old version of Soundflower I get command not known. How can I remove it to install this latest version? I'm on a 27"iMac running Yosemite 10.10.5

mpc15

Actually not! The Uninstall command isn't removing the 2ch Soundflower. Installing the new beta version fails. Any help??

ktfright

Hey guys, so this definitely worked for me, but the thing is, i can't actually hear the audio. Any fix for this? I've already checked but i can't hear the audio playback.
Try a free app called Line In. If my picture upload worked, I ran my usb mic to my multi output (that outputs all desktop sound for me). When I do that, as pictured, I'm able to hear audio.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-10-05 00.52.07.png
    Screenshot 2016-10-05 00.52.07.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 251

linenoise

I installed it on the latest El Capitan and the SoundFlower app does not appear in the Apps, and I need to launch the interface to re-patch audio with is. Is there a command that I can execute to get it going???

Seifenjoe90

Beta version of a signed Soundflower (as required by Apple, this version of Soundflower.kext will be
installed in the /Library/Extensions folder, not in /System/Library/Extensions as previous versions were).

This version restores the 2ch & 64ch devices to work with apps that expect this (like soundflowerbed)
  1. Download the newest version https://github.com/mattingalls/Soundflower/releases/tag/2.0b2
  2. Run "Uninstall Soundflower.scpt"
  3. REBOOT
  4. Did you reboot?? YOU HAVE TO REBOOT.
  5. Run the installer, "Soundflower.pkg"

Hello TickleMeOzmo,

I did it the way you descriped it but the installation failed, it didn't fail with the old version 1.6.6 but there it showed in the pop up from the bar icon "Soundflower is not installed" although it said installation was successful, however this is the reason i tried the newest version but like i said the installation ends with the message installation failed. what could be the reason?
Do you know how to help? thank you in advance.

cheers Seifenjoe

kabas

Try a free app called Line In. If my picture upload worked, I ran my usb mic to my multi output (that outputs all desktop sound for me). When I do that, as pictured, I'm able to hear audio.

I was going crazy and thinking that I was the dumbest man in the universe, because I could not find a solution to hear the real-time audio from the soundflower on Sierra OSX,(I could record correctly, but I could not hear in real time what was being recorded, I tried everything on midi/audio setup), so this app saved me, or rather, YOU saved me.
P.S.: I created this account just to thank you.

ktfright

I was going crazy and thinking that I was the dumbest man in the universe, because I could not find a solution to hear the real-time audio from the soundflower on Sierra OSX,(I could record correctly, but I could not hear in real time what was being recorded, I tried everything on midi/audio setup), so this app saved me, or rather, YOU saved me.
P.S.: I created this account just to thank you.
Thanks buddy! I think OBS also added an audio monitoring feature that lets you hear yourself also, though I'm not sure if this is on mac as I use PC now.

Ralph Gonzalez

FYI if you just want to be able to record streaming audio and listen to it at the same time, and you are using Audacity to record, then you do not need the old Soundflowerbed application nor configuring a Multi-Output device in Audio Midi Setup. Instead:
  • In the Sound control panel select Soundflower (2 ch) as the Output
  • In Audacity select Soundflower (2 ch) as Input
  • In Audacity Preferences > Recording, choose Software Playthrough