Question / Help [Solved] 24.0 webcam very delayed

aKuh

In OBS Studio 24.0 my webcam (Logitech C920) is very delayed (~1 sec). In 23.2.1it works perfectly fine, same settings. Any suggestions?

ZhrChaos

Mines been doing the same. The only work around I've found so far is to lower the resolution. Which isn't the best. but at least it's not delayed..?

Pr0duct

Same with me! Had my C920 on a custom setting at 1280x720p, after the update my webcam has been super delayed to the point where it is unusable in any resolution above 360p. I had to resort to restoring back to the Device Default resolution because any custom setting would cause massive delay and fps drop.

This seems as a result of the update, please fix and I currently cannot use my C920 to its fullest potential :((((

Pr0duct

UPDATE!

Seems like they fixed the delay issue with the C920 in the recent 24.1 hotfix!!! Tested it out and we are indeed back to functioning! Be sure to delete the webcam source, unplug your cam, reset OBS, plug cam back in, open OBS, then create a new webcam source and wha-la, your C920 should now work on any resolution.

THANK YOU, DEV TEAM!

GlennPC

I also use a Logitech C920 camera. The delay has improved with the hotfix 24.0.1 but I still see some lag. I had to lower my settings from 1080p to 480p to eliminate the lag.

drewbabe

I don't even get lag, by c920s just freeze soon after startup. This wasn't a problem on previous versions. I've been holding off on upgrading for months now but eventually I'll have to upgrade. Not sure what to do

Elliot Hartley

Im using an ATEM Mini Pro to use my Panasonic LUMIX GH5 as a Webcam. The video and sound are in sync but are delayed. Any advice? Thanks
Elliot.

paxthehumanoid

UPDATE!

Seems like they fixed the delay issue with the C920 in the recent 24.1 hotfix!!! Tested it out and we are indeed back to functioning! Be sure to delete the webcam source, unplug your cam, reset OBS, plug cam back in, open OBS, then create a new webcam source and wha-la, your C920 should now work on any resolution.

THANK YOU, DEV TEAM!

This worked for me. It took it down from 2 second delay to very marginal. Still, I'd like it to be as synch as my mackbook cam.