Bug Report Software Capture Source not capturing game

dettoh

I'm trying to stream with an HD PVR. Total Media Extreme is what is used to capture the video. When I put a screen region with OBS over my game the game does not show up but the rest of the window does. Any idea why? Here's what I'm talking about http://imgur.com/sLIov

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
is this monitor capture or window capture? if window capture, there's a windows issue that doesn't allow it to capture opengl applications, so that could be a cause -- otherwise it's probably some sort of layered window

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
This is either one of two things - it's an opengl app, or it's a layered window. Layered windows cannot usually be captured at all, and opengl apps just require that you turn off aero.

Try disabling aero in settings, or using monitor capture (and always disable aero with monitor capture) and use sub-region.

dettoh

Jim said:
This is either one of two things - it's an opengl app, or it's a layered window. Layered windows cannot usually be captured at all, and opengl apps just require that you turn off aero.

Try disabling aero in settings, or using monitor capture (and always disable aero with monitor capture) and use sub-region.
Disabling aero worked! No monitor capture needed.
Thanks a lot Jim!