Small feature request (1:1)

Albrecht84

Are there plans to implement 1:1 preview scaling in OBS Studio any time soon? I really like studio but this small, seemingly ignored feature (and a directshow audio plugin) keeps me wanting to use the orignal for now.

Harold

As in fullscreen projector mode?

Also, that "directshow audio plugin" does what exactly? add additional sound devices? "Audio Input Capture" and "Audio Output Capture"

Albrecht84

Fullscreen projector mode makes it fullscreen, useless when streaming at 720p, I'm talking about actual 1:1 preview (http://i.imgur.com/7WQDWqX.png).

And Audio Input/Output capture don't work for directshow audio sources (https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/directshow-audio-source-plugin.32/ is what I'm referring to). Because of the rather unique way I capture gameplay from a SNES and other older consoles (running the capture through avisynth filters to fix color space issues and other various problems), simply adding the capture device as a source doesn't cut it. The plugin lets me add the capture device's audio input as its own source (http://i.imgur.com/bH5dpCJ.png), which isn't available in OBS Studio's "Audio Input/Output" selections.

Last edited:

EvilAsh25

No, it doesn't show up as a Windows recording device because it is part of a capture card.

What Albrecht84 (and myself) are looking to do is be able to capture the audio only from a capture device and send it to the stream, which you could do with this old OBS plugin. We use a different program for the game video and screen capture that with OBS, as using ffdshow plus Avisynth gives us better options for processing the video.

Using the audio plugin gives us a couple different options over using desktop audio for streaming. You can output only the game audio to the stream, and listen to music in only your own headphones, and not have to worry about VOD muting. Also, (since we are speedrunners) we prefer to listen to the audio coming from our TV for audio cues, as using the captured audio through the desktop is delayed slightly.

Much more important to us though is the 1:1 viewing mode, this allows us to see the video exactly as it is going out on stream. Having pixel alignment correct for the game feed (as we typically stream NES/SNES era games) is very important to us to have a good sharp looking stream. Without the 1:1 mode the game feed and any added text (timer + splits) always looks blurry because of the stretching, so it is impossible to tell if we have things sized correctly in the Scene.

Also, I guess I'll throw this out there, but ideally we could have the ability to use the ffdshow plugin within OBS Studio, but I understand that we are more like power users for this stuff.

Harold

There's an audio DSP plugin that someone made that will be merged into the default installer for 0.16 ( https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/mic-dsp-note-merged-in-obs-studio-0-16-0.419/ ) that may offer an alternative audio cleanup method.

If the device shows up as a directshow device with or without video (something you can load in skype), you should be able to add it as a video capture device.

Also, I guess I'll throw this out there, but ideally we could have the ability to use the ffdshow plugin within OBS Studio, but I understand that we are more like power users for this stuff.
VLC source was added in 0.15 and media source has been part of the base install for a while. FFDShow may be too niche to implement any functions from.

Albrecht84

We both managed to get only the audio on stream working, thanks. But like he said, the 1:1 preview mode is more important for us and doesn't seem like it'd be so difficult to implement?

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Implementation difficulty isn't the issue, the issue is that there is basically only one developer, and there are many tasks to prioritize. This one just isn't up there quite yet.

Hey there, all folks,
I'm necro-ing this thread and bumping it to show my solidarity. I'd love a 1:1 output just so I can see whether or not OBS is being generous when outputting my video! :)

Anonanon

I've made threads asking for 1:1 preview before, but it always ended up with someone misunderstanding it entirely suggesting to use fullscreen projector mode, or the thread gets ignored entirely. Lucky you I guess. I'm tired of having my capture card's resolution get stretched to the size of the OBS window.

Suslik V

I've made threads asking for 1:1 preview before, but it always ended up with someone misunderstanding it entirely suggesting to use fullscreen projector mode, or the thread gets ignored entirely. Lucky you I guess. I'm tired of having my capture card's resolution get stretched to the size of the OBS window.
It is not the worst decision: monitor resolution to match Studios output, central output (to not stretched image by monitor), OBS Studio>>>Fullsrceen projector. It is temporary workaround. That's all.