Short & Sweet OBS Studio Guides [Everything you need]

All Versions Short & Sweet OBS Studio Guides [Everything you need]

ITSSKITZ

ITSSKITZ submitted a new resource:

Short & Sweet OBS Studio Guides [Everything you need] - I let these guides marinate for a little bit and it seems they have helped!

I hope these guides get you off the ground and running, and if you have any questions at all let me know! I submitted these throughout the past months, and they seemed to have helped! Also, you can add me on Snapchat @ ITSSKITZ for LIVE back and forth help!

OBS STUDIO
  1. OBS Studio Beginner's Set-Up! [Game Scene, Overlay, Webcam in 2 Minutes!] https://youtu.be/E5fcOGSry94?list=PL1QpdG3U-UNjEEs3IVY0lN9WxP-ClJ3Um
  2. How-To Record HD Gameplay OBS...

Read more about this resource...

XeiZ

Only checked out the "how to record hd" and "initial setup" videos as those are usually the worst ones in guides, im glad you used the presets instead of making people without knowledge think they should use advanced.

However once again the biggest mistake everyone does who thinks they know stuff... DO NOT RECOMMEND MP4. EVER.
Never had problems with it? Lucky you.
FLV or MKV are recommended, for mp4 an ant needs to fart and your 4 hour recording is ready for the recycle bin.

We get people asking almost every second day how they can recover their mp4 recording because they crashed _something_.

If you NEED mp4 for your video editor (how about using something that isnt from 2004 and stuck there because lazy companies) use the remux function in the menu bar of obs.

For audio twitchs maximum audio bitrate is officially 160k for aac and 128k for mp3 - https://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/articles/1253460-broadcast-requirements

Also video bitrate has nothing (well not at those insanely low values) to do with how good your pc is.
Glad you recommended 2500ish kbps AND 30fps though, most people ignore bitrate-resolution-fps combinations and just try to cram everything into 2500kbps resulting in trashy quality.

Last edited:

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Could you edit the links so that they're actually links for the text instead of just URLs dumped next to the text? I think it would look cleaner that way.

DawnRenee

I am currently using the 0.16.5 I need to make the files smaller so that they close faster. And as I said previously the quality is not that big of a deal there mostly tutorials and quick how to's.