Shaderfilter 1.21 for Mac OSX

Shaderfilter 1.21 for Mac OSX 0.6.0

Vladimir183

Thanks for Mac port of plugin. My dreams come true :) I would ask if is it M1 compatible ( I use recompile OBS for ARM cpus) ?

QmiiProductions

Hi, Earlier you had suggested creating a plugins folder. How is this done? Do you label the folder, "Shaderfilter" and include it in the plugins folder of OBS? Or, do you just label it simply, "plugins?". It seems that my directory is all messed up on my Mac. My fault I'm sure! It doesn't seem to automatically want to go to where your shaders are to choose them. I have to look for them. Thanks.
It's the latter. You just make a new folder in the obs directory (the same one with plugin-config) and name it "plugins".

QmiiProductions

Thanks for Mac port of plugin. My dreams come true :) I would ask if is it M1 compatible ( I use recompile OBS for ARM cpus) ?
Yes, it is M1 compatible. See my comment thread with Yagoo before; it deals with the lack of a plugins folder. If you don't see one in "obs-studio", just make a new folder and label it "plugins", then put obs-shaderfilter inside it.

tombeew

Hi, QmiiProductions, I just installed your Plugin and I am highly impressed about the tons of possibilties. Great work and thanks lot for this great workaround!

Shaderfilter 1.21 consistently crashing OBS.

Here are my system specs:
  • Apple MacBook Air, M1
  • macOS Monterey 12.3.1
  • OBS 27.1.3 (64bit)
  • Shaderfilter 1.21
I have tried multiple filters (some labeled with '.effect' and others ending with '.shader'.
Occasionally 'ChromaticAberration.shader' will work - but the sliders seem to inconsistently warp/shrink the entire image to the center of preview rather than apply a chromatic aberration. There are times when a factor of '0.02' will produce the exact same undesirable effect as '1'.

I downloaded Shaderfilter for the its ability to produce rounded corners, but that effect appears to produce zero output.

I cannot ascertain what I am doing incorrectly.

Clear, precise, step-by-step instructions (found in sequence within one location) would do myself, and users like me, a world of good.

Can you assist?
Thank you for your work.

Hi QmiiProductions,

I highly appreciate the work you've put into this. Would you also release an OBS 28 compatible version of your plugin?

Best
Ben

impartialgeek

Just wondering if this is OBS 28 compatible on an M1 Max chip. Thanks! Had this plugin on my PC and it was one of my favorites!

overtone85

Hi @QmiiProductions

I just started using OBS I just found out about this filter, which is amazing as i have a shading language background and would like to write some shaders for it, but I am using OBS28 and 29.
I am assuming that the plugin has to be updated to work with these new arm64 versions?

I did try to instal the plugin by creating a obs-studio/plugins/folder in the application support directory, but OBS doesn't see the plugin, I also tried a self installing version of AdvancedSceneSwitcher, which creates directories in the same location but that also doesn't work.

I tried to download the experimental build of OBS arm64 from github (pre 28) but the download files are expired. When I install the OBS 27 Intel version at least it complains about the plugin not coming from a registered developer so I know it is finding it, the later versions don't do that. I wonder if they changed the plugin locations. The OBS.app contents folder with the plugins directory doesn't work either.

Does anyone have a link to a backup download of the experimental arm64 OBS?

Cheers

Gxeuh

Hello @QmiiProductions
Thank you for this plugin ! I would love to use it but can't go through the installation.

I downloaded a folder (not zip one) called obs-shaderfilter, it contains two folders (bin + data).
I tried to copy it in both main library path or user library path.
I also tried to copy it in app content, Plugins or Resources folders.
Nothing changes in OBS, I can't see the filters.

I'm working with MacBook Pro M2, macOS Ventura 13.1, OBS 29.0.0 (Mac).

Can you help me please ?
Sorry for my English, it is not my native language.
Thx.
G.

1675261222430.png

1675261496718.png

Hello @QmiiProductions
Thank you for this plugin ! I would love to use it but can't go through the installation.

I downloaded a folder (not zip one) called obs-shaderfilter, it contains two folders (bin + data).
I tried to copy it in both main library path or user library path.
I also tried to copy it in app content, Plugins or Resources folders.
Nothing changes in OBS, I can't see the filters.

I'm working with MacBook Pro M2, macOS Ventura 13.1, OBS 29.0.0 (Mac).

Can you help me please ?
Sorry for my English, it is not my native language.
Thx.
G.

View attachment 91256
View attachment 91257
Hi, Did you find a way to make it work? I'm having the same issue.

theRealMPU

My guess is that you're bothh looking for the title, ''Shaderfilter'' like I did, but you can find it under, ''User defined shader'' in your filters list. Good luck!
I am using an M1 with Ventura and 29.0.2 OBS. I noticed that there is a "Shader" filter which was probably part of StreamFX, but like my French compatriote above, I cannot get "ShaderFilter" to be visible or working in OBS 29.0.2 Mac. I have tried inside the Application as @Andilippi suggests in his video (BTW.. he rocks for his information and guidance), nor in the /Library/Application Support (or ~/Library/Application Support) as has been described above. I am using a non paywal version of StreamFX primarily for 3D transforms which I might have to replace at some point. In any case, I have a great use case for a floating border around camera sources that would be greatly simplified if I could make this work.

Knobbii

QmiiProductions I am having trouble installing. Im pretty sure I installed it properly but it will not show up in my filters list, im running M1 mac with Ventura 13.0.1. any help would be greatly appreciated.

I installed it to the users > library > application support > obs-studio > plugins

ObiWan4k

I use a macbook with M2 chip, and what worked for me was to download the .pkg file that @Matt Reiner pointed (here). Then just installed the package and the filters appeared under "User-defined shader".

1691851902492.png

1691852077675.png

1691852138717.png