Shaderfilter 1.21 for Mac OSX

Shaderfilter 1.21 for Mac OSX 0.6.0

QmiiProductions

QmiiProductions submitted a new resource:

Shaderfilter 1.21 for Mac OSX - Add shaders to sources on OBS for Mac OSX!

WARNING: this is NOT Shaderfilter-plus!

Surn's legendary Shaderfilter plugin, recompiled and reworked to be used on Mac OSX devices! This has been a joint effort between Exeldro and I. He built the initial version of the mac compatible plugin, and we worked together to recode the shaders to be readable in OpenGL format. I couldn't have done this without...

Read more about this resource...

QmiiProductions

Hi Omniproductions, Thank You for making this plugin for the mac. I am using OS Monterey and everything shows up but the resource, whether it be an image or a cam. Perhaps it is the way I installed it? Any ideas? Thanks
Did you put the file in the right directory? You should go to the direct app Library.

Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 10.49.21 AM.png

NOT the User Library.

Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 10.50.30 AM.png

OBS scans plugin data from the former, not the latter.

yagoo

Hello, I am using m1 air. My mac os version is Monterey 12.3.1

I could not download the package. I find obs-studio in the library, but there is no plugins file where I can put the package files. There are only the following files. I read your document but I couldn't understand it.

Screen Shot 2022-04-12 at 00.52.42.png

QmiiProductions

Hello, I am using m1 air. My mac os version is Monterey 12.3.1

I could not download the package. I find obs-studio in the library, but there is no plugins file where I can put the package files. There are only the following files. I read your document but I couldn't understand it.

View attachment 82631
Hm. If that's the case, look in the User library. That may be where your machine has a plugin folder. If not, then just make a plugins folder yourself in the base (non-user) Library.

QmiiProductions

Hi Omniproductions, Thank You for making this plugin for the mac. I am using OS Monterey and everything shows up but the resource, whether it be an image or a cam. Perhaps it is the way I installed it? Any ideas? Thanks
*btw the first letter of my username is a Q, not an O

yagoo

Hm. If that's the case, look in the User library. That may be where your machine has a plugin folder. If not, then just make a plugins folder yourself in the base (non-user) Library.
I also looked in the user library but it wasn't there plugins folder. I only have obs-studio folder in user library. When I enter the non-user library, the obs folder does not exist.

Non user library :
1649761800252.png

Ok. So I can see the source on the screen and when I increase the numbers the source moves left, right etc....but when I choose Shaderfilter load from file the screen goes black. Any thoughts QmiiProductions?

Last edited:

yagoo

I have one more question. When I make a rounded corner and crop the camera, the rounded parts of the clipped parts are gone.

Any chance of cropping the camera without losing the round feature?

QmiiProductions

I have one more question. When I make a rounded corner and crop the camera, the rounded parts of the clipped parts are gone.

Any chance of cropping the camera without losing the round feature?
Try adjusting the shader settings, or reapply the shader after cropping.

wbpaley

QmilProductions--thank you! An amazing gift to the community; been (occasionally) coding shaders since the first release of Renderman in the mid-80s so I realize how powerful this can be. Looking forward.

I'm just returning to the Mac after 20 years (M1s are amazing...) and unfortunately ran into a (probably idiot newbie) error. As directed, I dragged the unzipped folder into the plugins folder you told me to create, and when I restarted OBS I got a modal that says:

“obs-shaderfilter.so” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.
macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware. Brave downloaded this file today at 2:17 PM.

Clicked the (?) upper-right and it was no help: only mentioned how to allow files from App Store vs. App Store & identified developers.

Do you know how I can bless your file? Or maybe have a link to a newbie walk-through?

Thanks!

wbpaley

Wrote too soon; figured it out.

Just in case someone else has this issue it looks like you have to follow the directions the (?) button gives you after you've tried to open the un-blessed file and closed the app.

When I did that there was text after the App Store & identified developers radio button that told me I'd attempted to open the file, and it let me say I trusted the developer. Then when I opened OBS I had to once again confirm that trust.

(Appreciated the newbie walk-through at https://www.lifewire.com/fix-developer-cannot-be-verified-error-5183898, even though I'm feeling a little superannuated because I remember the select-only-one physical buttons on car radios. (They called them "radial" buttons; well, they are circular... ; )

You reinstalled the entire plugin? I don't think that was necessary; you just need to upload files for the shaders that ask you to do so. But I'm glad you figured out your own solution, I guess.
Hi, Earlier you had suggested creating a plugins folder. How is this done? Do you label the folder, "Shaderfilter" and include it in the plugins folder of OBS? Or, do you just label it simply, "plugins?". It seems that my directory is all messed up on my Mac. My fault I'm sure! It doesn't seem to automatically want to go to where your shaders are to choose them. I have to look for them. Thanks.

Hi, Earlier you had suggested creating a plugins folder. How is this done? Do you label the folder, "Shaderfilter" and include it in the plugins folder of OBS? Or, do you just label it simply, "plugins?". It seems that my directory is all messed up on my Mac. My fault I'm sure! It doesn't seem to automatically want to go to where your shaders are to choose them. I have to look for them. Thanks.
For some reason when I try Shaderfilter or even Shader I get a black screen as soon as I select it. Even without choosing one of the effect options, so I am able to green screen it and use the shader as an effect. It's not the best solution as my green screen setup has it's limits, but it works! Thanks!