SETTINGS NEEDS SERIOUS HELP! PLEASE HELP OBS SETTINGS! ALIENWARE LAPTOP NEED HELP!

Rohazy

Dear User! I wanted to make a couple of videos on Youtube! Mainly Minecraft, But the problem is that my recordings either lag or they don't look like they are not good enough Quality! I want to know both my Streaming and Recording settings! If so that would be great!

Log: LOG FILE

Specs on my Alienware Laptop:

The Specs are I7-7700hq (2.8 ghz) - 4 cores!
GTX 1070

The exact laptop is https://play3r.net/reviews/laptopsnotebooks/alienware-15-r3-gaming-laptop-review-i7-7700hq-gtx-1070/

Ive been using Nvech new

SPEEDTEST SETTINGS:

Download: 238.83 MPBS
Upload: 24.16 MBPS

Currently My streaming settings are (Planing to stream onto Youtube!)

RATE CONTROL:CBR

BITRATE: 8000

KEYFRAME INTERVAL: 0

PRESET: MAX QUALITY

PROFILE: HIGH

LOOK AHEAD- OFF

PROFILE: HIGH

PSYCHO VISUAL TUNING: OFF

GPU 0

MAX B FRAMES: 4

_________________________________________________________________________________
RECORDING SETTINGS

RECORDING FORMAT: MKV

Encoder: NVIDIA NVENC H.264 NEW

RATE CONTROL: CQP

CQ LEVEL: 12

KEYFRAME INVTERVAL: 2

PRESET: MAX QUALITY

PROFILE HIGH

LOOK AHEAD OFF

PSYCHO VISUAL TUNING OFF

GPU 0

MAX B-frames- 2

PLEASE HELP ME OPTIMIZE THESE SETTINGS I AM SO CONFUSED!!!!

were491

General Comments:
I think you should probably stream in 720p60fps (Set output resolution to 1280x720) because it's easier to encode and you're on a laptop.
You should also run OBS as administrator, because on nVidia graphics cards this will allow it to get more resources that it needs.

Stream Settings:
8000 bitrate is a little excessive. Even for 1080p60fps most people only need 6000.
Your Keyframe Interval should also be set to '2'.
If you experience FPS drops ingame, you should set your quality preset from max quality to quality.

Having Max B-frames set to 4 is weird. You should use 2.

Recording Settings:
A CQ of 12 is definitely excessive. You should be using 15 at most and I would recommend 18 as it is generally considered to be "visually lossless". If there is an FPS drop, again increase CQ to around 23.

As usual, you can also use "Quality" rather than "Max Quality" if you have issues with performance.

Otherwise, you can try a few more things:
1. Cap your FPS ingame to your monitor's refresh rate, or if it is a light game maybe double your monitor's refresh rate (for lower input latency). This will give more resources for your CPU and GPU to encode with.
2. You can disable the preview to lessen the load on your GPU (right click the image and disable it) or run OBS in the background (click the obs icon in your tray to do so), although this is a marginal difference.
3. You can also try enabling game mode, as it now comes with optimizations for recording as well as gaming alone.