Separate Audio Tracks for Local Recordings

Kcmartz

Okay so the windows build works fine for me, no crashes, no errors, but I thought the new OBS was supposed to support multiple audio tracks? I set the main device and the mic device (line 1 then 2) and still merges them into one source. I guess I'll continue to wait for updates to allow 2 audio sources in one recording.

CMS Studio Lion

The only program that currently allows this to my knowledge is Dxtory. It can save seperate audio tracks into one video file. The reason OBS doesnt support it, is its main purpose, the streaming. A stream would be missing the second track and only playback the first. To my knowledge flash cant handle more than one audio stream.

I personally dream of this ability as well, to allow one stream with 2 languages, or your mentioned seperate volumes, or even the ability for the viewer to disable commentary etc. It is a good suggestion but I dont see it coming in the near future.

BandiCam also has this option, as do FRAPS I think. But those are not as nicely priced as this software. :P

Kcmartz

I have tried Bandicam, I still like DxTory better, but I'm now using OBS for streaming, while continuing to use DxTory for recording for now.

Kcmartz

I see the github was updated, and the windows one is updated as well, do they share the same featureset?

EDIT: Looks like it. :)

I feel a little late to the party.
OBS now, does it have this as an option?
One audio stream for streaming, but split audio for local recording?

*edit*
Split as in: One audio track for every device and/or program?

I don't know how hard this would be to code... So I feel like I'm asking a lot.

Good good :)
Also, not sure if it's within the same problem.
Is it possible to configure two sets of settings when it comes to local recording and streaming?
To set one quality, framerate and resolution for streaming (ex: 720p@30fps) and one for localRec (ex:1080p@60fps)?

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
In OBS Multiplatform you can set different bit rates for stream and recording, and you can rescale the output to a different resolution, but I don't believe you can change FPS.

Different resolutions for streaming and recording is already implemented? Oh my, things are moving along nicely... as soon as recording the commentary to a separate track/file is available, that's my switch point to OBSM.

Roa

HI all and thanks for a superb program.
so whats the status of this feature ? I would really love be able to separate two (three) different sound sources (Arma 3 sound - Teamspeak- Youtube)
It is vital for me since we started recording every game for catching hackers and making movies

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
You still won't be able to record individual programs, just different audio devices -- that has always been the case with Windows. You can record individual programs if those programs are outputting to different audio devices.

Multi-track audio recording will be added very soon to OBS Multiplatform.

Is there any estimated date for the multiple audio output files?
Dxtory will not install for me on my windows 7 machine and i really enjoy using obs so I would like to keep using OBS.

I now have the alpha version of the windows OBS will there be an automatic update with the multi file output ?

Thanks in advance.

SaverinMastema

does the multiplatform allow for multiple audio tracks on local recording yet? that way i can edit out my mic/voice coms after recording and just have my game sounds and music