Separate Audio Tracks for Local Recordings

any estimated date on this update i have set every thing up in the obs cp software ready for the switch flicking to make it work (so to speak) i see all the output tracks are in there already.

also i am watching this thread but getting no notifications when its updated?

Jaybyrrd

Hey, don't mean to resurrect this thread, but I was curious whether or not we have seen added support or how soon we will see it.

Last edited:

Roa

It's already in OBS-mp, OBS1 is not gonna get it.
Do you have any idea regarind the timeline for this?
I am still having trouble finding a solution, but if is close to release I will not spend more time looking :)

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
I'm not sure what you mean by timeline, as it's already present in OBS MP, as Osiris said. You can choose which tracks each audio source goes on from Advanced Audio Settings by clicking the gear icon above the Mixer box, and you can choose what tracks go on the recording in Output settings.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
It will not be added to OBS 0.657. All development is being done on OBS Multiplatform, no more on the old OBS.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
The old OBS (0.657) is not being developed anymore. All development efforts are being put into OBS Multiplatform.

Semper Ludens

Just wanted to chime in on this, and I've opened another topic on a similar matter. It's awesome that you can record multiple audio sources, however they are all multiplexed into the final video file (which is a good feature). Would it be possible to not multiplex them but instead record the audio in a separate file (let's say .wav, or .mp3 or even .flac) ? Because once the tracks are multiplexed they are in raw AAC and that's tricky to edit.

Harold

They aren't that hard to edit. Audacity with the ffmpeg import plugin installed can read them individually just fine.