Screen Tearing with Doom Eternal

zeda99

Hello,

I have been recording some Doom Eternal along with some other videos, and recently I have been experiencing some screen tearing. The other games I have recorded don't have any screen tearing, given they aren't super intensive to begin with. The recording were fine until I reached a certain point in a mission, and not it's pretty unbearable. Attached is the log of a recording. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 2023-09-05 21-20-36.txt
    17.9 KB · Views: 13

qhobbes

1. The Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling ("HAGS") feature added with Windows 10 is currently known to cause performance and capture issues with OBS, games and overlay tools. It's an experimental feature and we recommend disabling it via these instructions.
2. To ensure that OBS Studio has the hardware resources it needs for realtime streaming and recording, we recommend disabling the "Game DVR Background Recording" feature via these instructions.
3. Change the refresh rate on HP from 165 Hz to 120 Hz and cap your games at 120 FPS/enable v-sync. Going from 165 FPS to 60 FPS is 4/11 frames where 120 to 60 is 1/2 frames.
4. Display and Game Capture Sources interfere with each other. Never put them in the same scene (Scene).
5. Multiple Game Capture sources are usually not needed, and can sometimes interfere with each other. You can use the same Game Capture for all your games! If you change games often, try out the hotkey mode, which lets you press a key to select your active game. If you play games in fullscreen, use 'Capture any fullscreen application' mode.