Question / Help Screen darkens using Elgato HD and OBS

Tom Y

Hi Guys,

Was wondering if anyone could help with an issue I am having with using Elgato and OBS? I currently streaming PS1 and PS2 games and as soon as I start OBS the colors on my monitor and OBS darken. I raised the gamma setting in OBS and this resolved this issue for my stream/ recording however the color on my monitor is too dark for me to see what I'm doing lol.

I've tried adjusting the lightness on the monitor but it doesn't seem to make much difference. I've tried different monitors but it does the same thing. As soon as I close OBS, the display on my game-play lightens up quite drastically and looks more natural.

I was just wondering if there was something simple I'd missed?

Any advice you could give me would be great!

Chris Iserman

This issue just recently started happening for me as well. Did you find a solution, Tom, or does anyone else have any suggestions?

Tom Y

This issue just recently started happening for me as well. Did you find a solution, Tom, or does anyone else have any suggestions?

Hi Chris,

I did figure out a workaround.;

Add a new Video Capture Device if you haven't got one setup in OBS
Ensure that the console is switched on
Right Click on the Video Capture Device in Sources and choose your device as Elgato Game Capture HD (If thats what you're using) and then click configure
A new window will pop which is actually the Elgato Game Capture Software
Here you will find a slider where you can adjust the brightness!