screen capture does not work

Christian233

I have a MacBook Pro 2020 macOS Catalina 10.15.5 and I'm using the latest version of OBS 25.0.8. I use the Display Capture but it does not work. I get the message No properties available. How can I fix it ? Someone can help me ?

Regards,
Christian

FeebieMac

I'm having the same issue and tried Privacy settings. OBS is not available under screen recordng but is a checked option under camera and microphone. What step am I missing?

Ronald de Waal

I am having the same issue at this moment, tried Privacy settings but it was not there. I had also a problem with the camera that was not in privacy settings, but that resolved in the settings when I saw there were 2 identical options and selected the other cam option.
I tried installing OBS again, it was not resolved, the same settings were there with the same problems.
I just clicked on the source settings of screen recording again and a message came and now I have access to screen recording in the privacy settings. But not all the windows were in the capture list, it seems that the list didn't refresh. After restarting OBS i now can capture the right window. The scale is not right yet but that must be easy to solve.

RajKing

I am having the same issue at this moment, tried Privacy settings but it was not there. I had also a problem with the camera that was not in privacy settings, but that resolved in the settings when I saw there were 2 identical options and selected the other cam option.
I tried installing OBS again, it was not resolved, the same settings were there with the same problems.
I just clicked on the source settings of screen recording again and a message came and now I have access to screen recording in the privacy settings. But not all the windows were in the capture list, it seems that the list didn't refresh. After restarting OBS i now can capture the right window. The scale is not right yet but that must be easy to solve.
Hello Ronald , I am facin exactly same issue where I cannot see the OBS under privacy settings , Can you mind elobrate how you resolved it pls in step by step manner? it would be great help

RajKing

I'm having the same issue and tried Privacy settings. OBS is not available under screen recordng but is a checked option under camera and microphone. What step am I missing?
If you find the solution kindly post here it will helps me too thanks very much !!!! well appreciated

dcapurro

Same problem here, the option to grant screen recording permission is not available (screenshot attached)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-18 at 4.25.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-18 at 4.25.01 PM.png
    407.8 KB · Views: 780

Dapo

I have an answer to if you cannot find OBS in the list

1. go to your terminal and type: csrutil status
2. hit enter, if it says disabled then that may be your issue.

to re-enable it:

1. Restart your mac
2. During the boot up press and hold command-R (for enter recovery mode)
3. Wait for load it up
4. If you have disk encription -> put your password, if not go to step 5
5. Click “utilities” at the top of your screen then open terminal
6. In terminal type “csrutil enable” and enter
7. Restart your mac
8. go to your terminal and type: csrutil status it should be enabled now
9. Reinstall your app - They should now ask permission for microphone and stuff. For screen recording go manually to settings and select the checkbox next to OBS)