Same crash each time I close (log attached, help greatly appreciated)

mmeyer

Hi, all.

Still relatively new to OBS Studio and having a hard time figuring out why OBS crashes every time I close it down. It's still running fine -- I haven't had a single issue with a stream -- but it's obviously disconcerting to get a crash each time I shut down the program.

From what I can tell looking at the crash log, the issue each time is with:
Fault address: 7FFA4DF3030E (c:\program files\obs-studio\bin\64bit\qt5widgets.dll)

This appears in every crash log.

And I get the same crash error message:
Unhandled exception: c0000005

I'm just really not familiar enough with the program to know how to interpret this. Full log attached. Any help GREATLY appreciated.

Attachments

• Matt's Crash Log.txt
    68.1 KB · Views: 24

Victor_ZH

Same problem here. Everything seems to be working fine untill the program is closed.

Attachments

• Crash 2021-08-13 14-48-22.txt
    66 KB · Views: 14

mmeyer

Same problem here. Everything seems to be working fine untill the program is closed.

Interesting, thanks for sharing. It looks like it's the same "qt5widgets" folder at the source of our issue.

Please let me know if you figure it out! I've been out of town the past week and unable to tinker with it further at work.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
I assume you are both using the decklink output? Stopping the output before exiting OBS should workaround this until a fix is made.

mmeyer

As an update, a fix for this should be in the next version. Thanks for the crash reports.

Wow! Thanks so much for coming through with the reply. So this is a known issue with a fix on the way?

Same as Victor, I successfully prevented the crash by stopping decklink output before closing.

So appreciative of your response; happy the crash reports helped.

mmeyer

As an update, a fix for this should be in the next version. Thanks for the crash reports.

And if you have one extra moment -- what exactly are we "starting" and "stopping" in that Decklink Output menu? I know it may seem obvious that it involves an output from the capture card, but what does toggling that on and off change practically speaking?

This is just for my learning purposes... wasn't able to find a clear explanation via Google.