Rx 5700xt poor image quality

Ruboka

Hey,

I try to stream my sessions playing Guild Wars 2 with my friends, so that we can make best of videos later.

But my stream quality is not the best. The text (NPC names ,etc) blurrs every time I move.

My upload speed is 36.75 Mbps.

Obs has high priority for its process in Windows 10.

Obs version : 27.2.4

GPU: Rx 5700xt (driver 21.50.21.11-220428a-379219C-AMD-Software-Adrenalin-Edition)

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

RAM: 32 GB 3200 mhz

here is a test stream https://youtu.be/ofPSqQCL6I4

Can someone help me? I will try to reply if some information is missing

I guess this is the log from the test stream.

Attachments

• gw2 obs.png
    gw2 obs.png
    65 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

sandrix

I noticed that your monitor resolution is 2560x1440. Use this permission to stream to youtube to get the VP9 codec. The quality will be much better. YouTube is now processing your broadcast with the AVC (h.264) codec.
If the encoder is overloaded, then create a 1440p broadcast key on youtube so that the broadcast is scaled to 2K using YouTube resources.

Ruboka

I am confused, what permission should I use?
I noticed that your monitor resolution is 2560x1440. Use this permission to stream to youtube to get the VP9 codec. The quality will be much better. YouTube is now processing your broadcast with the AVC (h.264) codec.
If the encoder is overloaded, then create a 1440p broadcast key on youtube so that the broadcast is scaled to 2K using YouTube resources.

sandrix

1. Go to YouTube Creative Stream Management Studio and create a new Stream Key
2. Check the box "Select frame rate and resolution" and set the resolution to 1440 pixels.
3. Check the "Enable 60 fps frame rate" checkbox.
4. Copy the new broadcast key and point it to OBS.
scale_1200

Now streaming to Youtube will work at 1440p, regardless of the output resolution specified in OBS.

The broadcast delay will be around 15 seconds, because. at 1440p and above, the lowest latency is not available.

scale_1200

In OBS, use an output resolution of 1920x1080 to avoid encoder overload.

Ruboka

It does not work if i set the resolution to 1080p. youtube says the incoming resolution is wrong.
1080p.png

or do you mean to check the box under output to rescale it to 1080p?
checkbox.png