Running OBS On Remote Server and Manage from a web browser

gineesh

I have searched around but could not find an option for this. Please share if I missed any.
The idea is simple, (more or less like streamyard or restream web service)
1. We install OBS as headless on a machine (localmachine or a cloud server)
2. Access the OBS as web application - same interface if possible
3. Option to share mic, camera, screen and computer audio
4. Option to stream to target as usual with custom resolutions.

Benefits:
- can save a lot resource from your localmachine as OBS processing will run on remote server
- Less lagging or framedrop as remote (if cloud) server already on highspeed internet

Please share your thoughts.
Thank you

Attachments

• screen.png
    screen.png
    270.1 KB · Views: 1,553

gineesh

Found this thread but no comments !

gineesh

You can access with web browser with
Thank you, Yes, I saw that. Trying with the same meanwhile.

Still looking for an option as I suggested :D

norihiro

You can run OBS Studio on Xvnc on Linux.
Once you setup Linux machine and VNC server, you can connect to it with VNC client and start OBS Studio.
The performance will degrade since it won’t use a GPU but llvmpipe.

gineesh

You can run OBS Studio on Xvnc on Linux.
Once you setup Linux machine and VNC server, you can connect to it with VNC client and start OBS Studio.
The performance will degrade since it won’t use a GPU but llvmpipe.
Thank you @norihiro , yes it will do something
But not really, as sourcing our camera/audio/screen sharing will be a challenge again since OBS do not have such options.

I have a plan to fork as a project for the same as I didnt find any answer :D

norihiro

I have a plan to fork as a project for the same as I didnt find any answer :D
I hope your idea become real.
if the camera and other sources are local but the compositor is remote, it might require more bandwidth of the network to send the data from local to remote. However, thinking current trend such as 5G wireless network and optical fiber network, I think it is a good idea to run the compositor on server side.
OBS Studio is well structured so that it is easy to change frontend side for example. However it heavily depends on shader on GPU. MLT Framework could be another candidate.

gineesh

I hope your idea become real.
if the camera and other sources are local but the compositor is remote, it might require more bandwidth of the network to send the data from local to remote. However, thinking current trend such as 5G wireless network and optical fiber network, I think it is a good idea to run the compositor on server side.
OBS Studio is well structured so that it is easy to change frontend side for example. However it heavily depends on shader on GPU. MLT Framework could be another candidate.

Thank you so much @norihiro,
Appreciated your input on this. I will sure have a look on that.