Rubberbanding on Twitch, not in game

Vendys

Hello,
I've been having an issue where viewers are just seeing me rubberband while playing. Everything slows down for .5 seconds then speeds to catch back up afterwards. I recently changed my rig with new everything except GPU and am using the same settings as before when I didn't have this issue. My bitrate is currently set to 6000, streaming at 1440p native, 60fps, NVENC and CBR rate control.
I've tried reducing the bitrate to 5000 and it doesn't change much, same thing when I reduce the resolution to 1080p. Is there anything I can do to reduce the rubberbanding as this is the main issue currently?

My upload speed is around 18Mbps. Also if anyone has any tips to reduce the graininess of stream that would be great. I know I'm limited by the bitrate but up until I changed my PC it was never this bad. For reference I basically only play World of Warcraft.

Thanks!

Log: https://obsproject.com/logs/3GeMGY47kvbTBuBg

PaiSand

As far as I know Twitch max resolution is 1080p. Going further isn't possible and if it goes thru unpredictable issues happen. Simple set the output resolution at 1080p
The log file you provided has no output session on it. Please provide one from an stream when the issue is present.

qhobbes

Your log doesn't show any rendering or encoding lag or dropped frames. Your BenQ monitor is 59 Hz. Is that exactly 59, 59.94, 59.951 or something else? Maybe you have V/G-sync enabled so your game is at 59 FPS but then you're capturing at 60 and that's causing some weird issue?

I see a couple of instances where it looks like Game Capture stopped briefly. Try running OBS as Admin. To run OBS as Administrator, right click on the OBS shortcut, properties, advanced, check box, ok, apply, ok.

Your 2.5 gigabit-capable network card is only connecting at 100mbps. This may indicate a bad network cable or outdated router / switch which could be impacting network performance.

PaiSand

The network speed issue is usually due to an old network driver which fails to switch to a gigabyte connection or because you have a cat5 network cable when you need a cat6 network cable. Just verify the router/modem to see the actual network speed it supports.
If the issue it's on the driver side you can fix it by forcing the gigabyte setting on the network driver itself. It happened to me on a B450M motherboard where I first manually selected the gigabyte setting and then when the update was available updated the network driver.