Retrieving serial data with Python

scwfan06

Hello guys and scripting experts,
I created a python script for retrieving serial data from a data port of a scoreboard console (basketball).
I basically got everything as I want. There's just one thing that trips my OCD (trust me, I spent more time solving this than creating the funtional script :D ):
When the game time runs down and hits under one minute it of course shows tenths of seconds.
Unfortunately this doesn't always show up correctly in OBS. Sometimes it skips a couple of tenths. This doesn't happen on the hardware side, I checked that.
I tried retrieving the data more rapidly, I changed the OBS timer function to execute more often
But that doesn't help.
Is there anyone experienced in that and knows what I should have a look at?

Thanks alot in advance.

Lapov Onor

I also wish to retrieve the score from a serial device (a snooker scoreboard, which requires me to send binary 1 to the board, which then returns a string of numbers representing the scores). It sounds very similar, would you post what works for you so I can look at it? I have a programmer friend that has helped me and he might be able to sort your problem

DAWaller

Hello guys and scripting experts,
I created a python script for retrieving serial data from a data port of a scoreboard console (basketball).
I basically got everything as I want. There's just one thing that trips my OCD (trust me, I spent more time solving this than creating the funtional script :D ):
When the game time runs down and hits under one minute it of course shows tenths of seconds.
Unfortunately this doesn't always show up correctly in OBS. Sometimes it skips a couple of tenths. This doesn't happen on the hardware side, I checked that.
I tried retrieving the data more rapidly, I changed the OBS timer function to execute more often
But that doesn't help.
Is there anyone experienced in that and knows what I should have a look at?

Thanks alot in advance.
Did you have any luck with this? I’m just looking at doing something similar for a Bodet Scorepad, I have the serial protocol, so was looking at the best way to integrate / covert the data.