Replay Buffer makes AMF Encoder run at 100% randomly

Akaza_Renn

I'm having issue with Replay Buffer encoded by AMF HEVC encoder. Whenever Replay Buffer is started, it will have a high chance to make AMF run at 100% and unable to produce the recording with a reasonable frame rate. However, by stopping & restarting Replay Buffer for multiple times, there's a chance that the consumption drops to around 70% ~ 80%, which I think makes more sense, and the recording will be smooth. Does anyone know what is going on here?

The GPU I'm using for encoding is the iGPU from 7800X3D.

Log at https://obsproject.com/logs/cLLSVcmjMxHw3Kwd

PaiSand

Turn ogg HAGS and run OBS as admin.
Review the analyzer

Akaza_Renn

Turn ogg HAGS and run OBS as admin.
Review the analyzer
Thank you for your reply but I have tried all the suggestions from the analyzer including removing the game capture but none worked.

PaiSand

Whenever you can don't use display capture and it must be on it own separated scene. Try game or window capture instead.
Lower the CQ level. You can safely with not noticeable differences set it at 16 or 18.
Or lower the resolution to 2k, or the fps to 50 / 30.

Why are you using the AMF codec instead of the HEVC?
The good side on nvidia GPUs is its independent cpu for encoding. Use it.

Remember you're using a single computer.

Akaza_Renn

Whenever you can don't use display capture and it must be on it own separated scene. Try game or window capture instead.
Lower the CQ level. You can safely with not noticeable differences set it at 16 or 18.
Or lower the resolution to 2k, or the fps to 50 / 30.

Why are you using the AMF codec instead of the HEVC?
The good side on nvidia GPUs is its independent cpu for encoding. Use it.

Remember you're using a single computer.
I believe it's not a quality issue given that it can indeed record the same quality with only around 80% usage (check the last segment of the log), that's also why I believe it's a bug.

For your question about why I'm using AMF instead of HEVC, sorry I'm not sure because I thought HEVC was a part of AMF encoders. To justify, I was using AMD HEVC x.265 encoding option in the OBS options.

Akaza_Renn

I believe it's not a quality issue given that it can indeed record the same quality with only around 80% usage (check the last segment of the log), that's also why I believe it's a bug.

For your question about why I'm using AMF instead of HEVC, sorry I'm not sure because I thought HEVC was a part of AMF encoders. To justify, I was using AMD HEVC x.265 encoding option in the OBS options.
I have made ZERO tweaks between recordings, but the last trigger made to record all fine. What I have only done was stop Replay Buffer, re-enable it, repeat for multiple times until this log is produced.

rockbottom

I've never seen this error when I off-load encoding to my iGPU....

00:50:33.929: [texture-amf-h265] amf_hevc_create_texencode: Wrong adapter
00:50:33.958: [fallback-amf-h265: 'advanced_video_recording'] settings:

Akaza_Renn

I've never seen this error when I off-load encoding to my iGPU....

00:50:33.929: [texture-amf-h265] amf_hevc_create_texencode: Wrong adapter
00:50:33.958: [fallback-amf-h265: 'advanced_video_recording'] settings:
Interesting, I'll do some research on this error, thanks!