Rendering Lag in the past 3-4 days - OBS 28.0.3

Sirhambino25

Hello Everyone,

In the past 3-4 days, I am getting random "Frames missed due to rendering lag". Was not having any before this started to happen.

It just happens randomly when I get the frames missed. Mainly will happen if I switch scenes.

I have completed a DDU and reinstalled the latest Nvidia Driver for my card. I have reinstalled OBS as well. Also removed new windows updates since those were installed around this time. Also had to uncheck the graphics accelerated option with Windows 10, got turned back on probably with Windows Update.

When looking at the OBS log, it says I have about 3.4% gpu overload. But when watching my GPU usage with MSI Afterburner and yes, Windows Task Manager, neither get above 50%.

Anybody got any ideas?

System Specs:
RTX 3070 OC'd. Stable still.
AMD TR 2950 OC to 4.10Ghz at 1.375v

PaiSand

Correct the yellow advice and turn on Windows 10 Game Mode for start.

Do not record using CBR. Instead use CQP.
If you're not familiar with it try using simple output mode and choose one of the quality presets. Or even better, use the Auto-configuration Wizard (tools menu), apply the settings it gives, restart OBs and test it. Do not change anything until test.
Now try different qualities from the presets.

Sirhambino25

So weirdly enough, I upgraded to Windows 11 today. OBS is now back to normal and is performing better as well. It works so I'll take it.