Question / Help Red Bleeding on Recording

GAveryWeir

Hi, everyone! I'm trying to do "lossless" screen capture for the purposes of a game trailer for a browser game and I'm seeing color issues. Colors are a bit off, which I've read can just be a consequence of color space issues inherent to encoding/compression. However, a bigger issue is that I'm seeing reds bleeding into nearby blacks and generally looking muddy, which you can see in the below screenshots.

Any advice on how to improve color quality? I'm not worried about streaming performance or file size right now.

Screenshot directly from Chrome:
ezd-no-bleeding.png

Screenshot from an encoded video:
ezd-bleeding.png

My settings:
obs-encoding.png

obs-advanced-video.PNG

I'm recording at 1600x900 at 1:1 scaling.

My latest log file.

Last edited:

dping

Hi, everyone! I'm trying to do "lossless" screen capture for the purposes of a game trailer for a browser game and I'm seeing color issues. Colors are a bit off, which I've read can just be a consequence of color space issues inherent to encoding/compression. However, a bigger issue is that I'm seeing reds bleeding into nearby blacks and generally looking muddy, which you can see in the below screenshots.

Any advice on how to improve color quality? I'm not worried about streaming performance or file size right now.

Screenshot directly from Chrome:
ezd-no-bleeding.png

Screenshot from an encoded video:
ezd-bleeding.png

My settings:
obs-encoding.png

obs-advanced-video.PNG

I'm recording at 1600x900 at 1:1 scaling.

My latest log file.
Uncheck encode at full range

GAveryWeir

As you can see in the attached file, unchecking "encode at full range" makes the black/white balance closer to true but doesn't affect the color bleeding (or the washed-out yellows).

Attachments

• ezd-bleeding-not-full-range.png
    ezd-bleeding-not-full-range.png
    30.1 KB · Views: 22