Recording

Libraso

I’m having problems with how my OBS records colors, I’m not sure if this is for all recorders but, I’ve changed my nvidia colors and all that to make my monitor look vibrant, but for some reason when I upload a video to YouTube it will come out as what the default color of my monitor used to be before I changed the colors through nvidia. So I was wondering is there a way to record exactly the colors that are being shown on my monitor?

koala

This color distortion is made by the Nvidia drivers and cannot be captured. It's not in the frame buffer OBS is able to capture.

PaiSand

I did some tests and I can capture the video with nvidia filters active in the game (Warzone specifically). I also use NVENC for recording. Don't know if you're using x264, probably change it for NVENC?

koala

If you can capture a video that includes the nvidia "enhancements", and you play back such a video, the "enhancements" are applied twice and should appear too strong: first applied at recording, and again at playback. Is this the case, or is actually the video unmodified and the filters were just applied at playback?

PaiSand

The nvidia filters are per program and aplied to games only, as far as I know. When you playback a video there's no filters applied.