Recording With xbox party, microphone and game volume, issues with echoing because of monitoring. Please help. New to this.

iGoinsane

So I have an Elgato HD plus, hooked up to a pretty powerful PC with a nvidia 2060 super (3 screens, of which windows doesnt always like and is the reason for alot of issues, but dont think it messes with anything here, just for future reference if I find a friend here willing to help me out, getting started and what not.) Now I can monitor and output the capture devices sound, but it goes back to the desktop sound to monitor. Is there a way to change the monitoring path? Because I cant find a way to hear the game volume unless through my tv. With my steel series 9x headset hooked up to pc with xbox party chat on the pc as well; obs picks that up with the game volume on the desktop audio. I would like to monitor all of that with the headset off obs. But my issue is, it puts it back to desktop audio, so it sounds distorted or some times echo like in the recording. Also is there a way to record your microphone audio on a separate track, so i can edit just parts of it along side its video, per say in a play through, i might get a little louder than normal or swear and would like to edit just my track out. separate from game audio. Any help is much obliged!

iGoinsane

I just tried to add an audio input track to see if it comes in a separate file or something (where I can add the video into shotcut, then play my audio along side.) but it still recorded on the video. :/

Jayeさん

I think you need to change your Advanced Audio Properties to "Only Monitor (not output)" for each source you need to adjust. It will pipe it through your headphones but not through the recording.

iGoinsane

I think you need to change your Advanced Audio Properties to "Only Monitor (not output)" for each source you need to adjust. It will pipe it through your headphones but not through the recording.
Well thats also an issue, because then you wont hear the game volume in the recording, nor would u hear any desktop background, IE my xbox party chat.

iGoinsane

I also, have a slightly blurry recording. and low framerate. maybe 20-30 at best. But then again, i play on a 50in 4k tv rn. Only gives 60 fps. Could be the cause? need a gaming monitor I suppose.