Question / Help Recording settings

Spizar

Ok so I have a EVGA Geforce RTX 2080 (8gb) with an i7-8700k cpu and can someone please recommend settings for me, I have basically everything set to max while scaling from 2560 to 1080. It seems I just can't find the right bitrate. Whenever I try to record it seems to be very poor quality/fps. Can someone help please? Thanks.

Attachments

• obs settings ss help.png
    obs settings ss help.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 34

koala

Don't use CBR for recording. That's a rate control for streaming.
Instead, use simple output mode. Set the encoder for recording to nvenc. Set quality to "Indistinguishable Quality".
That's probably the same the auto configuration wizard would determine: Tools->Auto Configuration Wizard.
With a processor and GPU as yours, set canvas and output size to the native resolution of your monitor, respective to the resolution you play your game. Probably, you don't need to downscale to 1920x1080 if you play in 2560x1440.

Spizar

Don't use CBR for recording. That's a rate control for streaming.
Instead, use simple output mode. Set the encoder for recording to nvenc. Set quality to "Indistinguishable Quality".
That's probably the same the auto configuration wizard would determine: Tools->Auto Configuration Wizard.
With a processor and GPU as yours, set canvas and output size to the native resolution of your monitor, respective to the resolution you play your game. Probably, you don't need to downscale to 1920x1080 if you play in 2560x1440.

Thanks!
What should my bitrate be?